Windows 10: Crazy Display

Discus and support Crazy Display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; While on my HP Pavilion 6620 F the screen momentarily went blank then the monitor had "No Signal" for about 2 seconds then everything came back but at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dach162, Nov 23, 2017.

1. dach162 Win User

Crazy Display

While on my HP Pavilion 6620 F the screen momentarily went blank then the monitor had "No Signal" for about 2 seconds then everything came back but at a different display size. Going to settings and resolution it now has only 3 choices and it gave me 1024 X 768 (Recommended). That's way bigger than normal for my 22" monitor. Changing it doesn't work out either. It's either much bigger or smaller. I've done all windows updates, checked for updates on my video card VIA the device manager. What I did do to get it back for a short time (1 hour) was to do a system restore. When it failed again, I did another system restore and it failed in about 20 seconds. Everything is there on the screen but just much larger (wider only). Am I losing my video card or missing something else? I've also ran System Mechanic, Malwarebytes and windows defender all to no avail.

:)

dach162, Nov 23, 2017

2. Why is my system going **** crazy after activating original os?

showing irql not equal or less..??

then suddenly display goes crazy!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Arun MathaiAbraham, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Crazy turn around with Lumia 930 display

Yep, see if it settles, but I wouldn't hesitate to bring it back if needed.

Good luck with your new 930!

Fender77---01, Nov 23, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Crazy Display

spunk, Nov 23, 2017
  5. dach162 Win User
    I've tried that. This is what happens: I go to the location for HP Video check and when I click on it I get a pop up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more information contact the administrator." The thing is I am the administrator. Clicking on the properties for the video check and giving myself full control under the security tab makes no difference. Who, in this case, is the administrator that's stopping me? I really think I got hit with some malware or a virus and I don't know how to get rid of it.

dach162, Nov 24, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    No one said to go to HP Video check?!
    Follow the instructions in Post #2 and download the driver.
    The driver downloads as a Zipped file, when you click on it, it unzips to C:\swsetup\ or some such, take note of where it unzips. If the Driver fails to install, browse to this folder, open it and Right click Setup.exe and choose to Run As Administrator. If the driver is for an older version of Windows, (ie) Windows 7 then Right click Setup.exe choose Properties/Compatibility and make it compatible with that OS.

spunk, Nov 24, 2017
  7. dach162 Win User
    From the device manager, I do have the latest drivers. From HP, even as administrator it says I'm blocked by another administrator. HP sends me to the HP support assistant which still won't let me download anything because it's blocked. I even restarted and signed on as administrator and tried it that way. It doesn't block me but it just says it doesn't work. I have no clue other than I have a virus and I can't find it nor get it out.

dach162, Nov 24, 2017
  8. eric9000k Win User

Crazy Display

Hey friend.

Looks like everyone is having this exact same problem. It happened to me too.

The fix is simple, just roll back drivers in device manager for the Display Adapter

eric9000k, Nov 24, 2017
  9. dach162 Win User
    Where the block is for rolling back the drivers, it's not backlit. It's only written faintly in the background. Under driver details it says no driver files are required or have been loaded. Should I disable the device? It's ATI Radeon HD 4200.

dach162, Nov 25, 2017
  10. eric9000k Win User
    What I can say for sure is I had this problem at 7:30 this morning and it took me until 3 PM to figure this out. I must have deleted/uninstalled the device 3-4 x throughout the day. So try it.

I think the other poster is right, you need administrator privileges. At least try uninstalling the display adapter and restarting the system, then look to see if it's no longer greyed out. Good luck.

eric9000k, Nov 25, 2017
  11. dach162 Win User
    Right now the adapter is disabled. Restarted and no change. I'm willing to try to uninstalling it but if that doesn't work, can it be reinstalled and if so, how?

dach162, Nov 25, 2017
  12. eric9000k Win User
    Well in my experience Windows will assign a generic name to the device when it boots after the driver is uninstalled or sometimes it just reappears as its same name. You can rest assured it will still be there, hopefully. It will probably automatically reinstall the same driver protocol as before until you mange to roll it back.

There's a AMD utility as well that cleans all their software off your computer. Forget what it's called but it should be in the AMD or ATI program file if you have one. Use that, delete the drivers, uninstall the device, etc. The main thing is to figure out how to click that roll back button.

eric9000k, Nov 25, 2017
  13. Crazy Display

I just spent 3 days trying to fix this exact issue on my wife;s HP.

It's the latest WIn 10 update that's erased your old driver and is preventing you from rolling back/updating it.

Once we rolled back Win to the last version, we had no problem getting it to reinstall the proper Radeon driver instead of their generic PnP driver

Swimswithtrout, Nov 25, 2017
  14. dach162 Win User
    This problem started on 11/23. I've done a system restore back to 11/24 (earliest it will let me). No help. I have no updates to windows between 9/13 to 11/24. Still can't get things to work. Noticed also that when I go to start/power-there are now only two choices. The sleep is missing. Still can't get to the Radeon driver to turn it back. That option just isn't there to click on. (It's there in the background though) I'm at a loss.

dach162, Nov 26, 2017
  15. MrHudson Win User
    Dach, first thing, go to HP website, download your Software/Driver as a Save, remember what SP number it is. in device manager, uninstall it there, then in Programs and Features, uninstall it there. reboot, after it settles down from doing what ever it does.. go to your download folder, and open the files, follow the directions, then after it finishes, you might have to reboot again.

Crazy Display [​IMG]

MrHudson, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

Crazy Display

1. Crazy Display - Similar Threads - Crazy Display

2. Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...: Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gamingMy guess would be it overheats cuz after i touch my laptop its very hot...
  3. Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...: Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gamingMy guess would be it overheats cuz after i touch my laptop its very hot...
  4. Computer suddenly going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly going crazy: My computer was perfectly fine yesterday as I used it for schoolwork and then turned it off as per usual but today when turning it on it has become a extremely slow, lagging and unresponsive to the point of taking 15 minutes to load my home screen and windows task bar. I’ve...
  5. Computer suddenly going crazy

Computer suddenly going crazy: My computer was perfectly fine yesterday as I used it for schoolwork and then turned it off as per usual but today when turning it on it has become a extremely slow, lagging and unresponsive to the point of taking 15 minutes to load my home screen and windows task bar. I’ve...
  6. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  7. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  8. I canèt change my display language and it is driving me crazy - note the apostrophe at the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I canèt change my display language and it is driving me crazy - note the apostrophe at the...: So I made the mistake of installing multilingual Canadian as the display language. I have downloaded US English, but canèt seem to make it the display language. I want to completely get rid of the French accents and am unable to do so. The instructions have not helped. The AI...
  9. Crazy video display

in Windows 10 Support
    Crazy video display: I have reloaded the display driver and the video driver, yet the screen still looks like this (see attached) 128899
  10. MSI GP 70 2PE LEOPARD Laptop display blanks out or goes crazy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MSI GP 70 2PE LEOPARD Laptop display blanks out or goes crazy: My wife's display goes blank, gets lines, streaks, etc. when moving the lid up and down and sometimes when you don't even touch it. Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks! *Smile 79607