Windows 10: Crazy lag problems

Discus and support Crazy lag problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no idea how to isolate what the problem is here. I take online classes and the video skips. the picture freezes and you don't hear anything for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BruceAragona1, May 1, 2020.

1. Crazy lag problems

I have no idea how to isolate what the problem is here. I take online classes and the video skips. the picture freezes and you don't hear anything for about 2 seconds and then it picks up where it left off.. YouTube works absolutely 100%. I play a couple of games and they have the same problem I can't quite understand. There is breaks where the game doesn't register commands but the image is 100% and then everything catches up in a couple of seconds. You see my character dancing there mortal combat style and maybe moving around but can't interact and nothing works.. I've checked other computers in the house and everything works fine. I uninstalled and updated video display drivers to no avail but the image does get a little better. The problem is so weird to me so I don't know where to get started fixing it. Why does youtube work? Someone please help at least set me in the right direction. The laptop is brand new. All of these problems happen maybe every minute. In the games my character can even move around commands just get stuck. I did a factory reset and it was working great even once, but then the problem came back and a second factory reset didn't work! Otherwise the laptop runs amazing. loads everything quick and looks great.. What about a computer-hardware handles 2-way communication that isn't the internet? Other comps in the house work fine. YouTube works fine. Online classes, zoom, and some games all seem to have the same problem..

Maybe it will help to mention that if I upgrade my sound drivers whether windows update or the manufacturer the audio crackles and it all sounds a bit underwater but if I uninstall the new drivers and restart everything sounds great. Maybe it's related so I mentioned.

:)

BruceAragona1, May 1, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Crazy lag problems

COD4 Lag Problem

Hey got a problem... System I use for COD4 is on the right...

Anyways. I'll be playing away in COD4 and when I or any other player (including enemies) calls in an air strike, the frames drops right down and I lag out, even on my own server... Ping rises as well when this happens which shouldn't be happening in a server hosted by my PC...

Suggestions?

Aceman.au, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Crazy lag problems

1. Crazy lag problems - Similar Threads - Crazy lag problems

2. Windows lagging like crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lagging like crazy: Hi there, I have been using windows 11 for about 2 months and was smooth when I used it for the first time, now it is running, freezing like crazy. My PC has 500 GB Space left, and I use it for mostly MS Teams, everything runs perfectly when MS Teams if not running. It is a...
  3. Windows lagging like crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lagging like crazy: Hi there, I have been using windows 11 for about 2 months and was smooth when I used it for the first time, now it is running, freezing like crazy. My PC has 500 GB Space left, and I use it for mostly MS Teams, everything runs perfectly when MS Teams if not running. It is a...
  4. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging problems: My computer Cpu and Memory is fine but it Lagging soo much idk why btw cpu usage is 1>12 % https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-problems/8ab88f69-ab18-4f37-92b7-79240f177fe1
  5. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging problems: My computer Cpu and Memory is fine but it Lagging soo much idk why btw cpu usage is 1>12 % https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-problems/8ab88f69-ab18-4f37-92b7-79240f177fe1
  6. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging problems: My computer Cpu and Memory is fine but it Lagging soo much idk why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-problems/8ab88f69-ab18-4f37-92b7-79240f177fe1
  7. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging problems: I can tell you that I'm very frustrated with my computer right now. I only purchased it four months ago and since the day I brought it home I've been having issues. The latest issue is that everything is lagging and taking up an ungodly amount of RAM. I installed more...
  8. Mouse lag in Windows 10 Driving me Crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lag in Windows 10 Driving me Crazy: Mouse lag in Windows 10 Driving me Crazy- Tried turing off scroll feature - no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-lag-in-windows-10-driving-me-crazy/269952c0-e707-4251-9ff7-b0576c715604
  9. My HHDs are lagging like crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HHDs are lagging like crazy: Hello guys I have four 8TB drives connected directly to my motherboard. They're Seagate's Ironwolf. I combined them together through Windows' Storage Spaces. No resiliency. Straight up sum of all hard drives, if you will. I've been having am annoying issue with them....
  10. My laptop is lagging crazy!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is lagging crazy!: Hi, My laptop is lagging insane, I reset it and did everything you can think of and still no luck if you can help please reply, Its to the point where I cant even play a game anymore because of how annoying it is....