Windows 10: Crazy lag spikes only after factory reset on Windows 10 laptop!

Discus and support Crazy lag spikes only after factory reset on Windows 10 laptop! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi so I have an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop and I had it for almost a year but a few months ago I tried to play a game known as Roblox and for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonoutoftheRed, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Crazy lag spikes only after factory reset on Windows 10 laptop!

Hi so I have an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop and I had it for almost a year but a few months ago I tried to play a game known as Roblox and for some reason the whole screen was black and I didn't understand why, so I put my important files on a USB drive and factory reset my laptop, afterward I put all my stuff in and re-downloaded all my apps and played Roblox. When I was playing I was happy that now I could see but I was experiencing lag spikes unlike I ever had before. I've tried lowering my graphics as low as possible but I was still experiencing them. This also happens in Fortnite Battle Royale, SCP Secret Laboratory, VR Chat, Universe Sandbox, Roblox Studio, and Valorant. Also something weird is if I play Roblox on the Roblox App from the Microsoft store it doesn't lag-spike. This has ben an issue for about 5 months now and it's really annoying me. So please help because I have no idea what to do or even where to start.

:)

JasonoutoftheRed, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Jus7as Win User
    Lag spikes

Hello , i have been getting lag spikes on new laptop for a long time and could not find anyway to fix it, Any help? (connected with wifi)

Jus7as, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Kofoed Win User

Crazy lag spikes only after factory reset on Windows 10 laptop!

Lag spikes at desktop?

Hi all!
    Lately, (about 3 weeks ago) I started to have some weird lag spikes on my laptop, even while it was just sitting at the desktop, or coming out of sleep.
    At first I though it was a driver because it was the only thing I recently updated as far as I can recall.

The lag:
    The lag seems to occur randomly, it lasts from for 5 sec to 10min, sometimes rebooting dosen't fix it either.
    During the lag, everything happens with a 2-3 seconds delay, such as opening/closing windows and even the curser gets updated in spikes.

What I tried to far:
    Reinstall entire OS (Windows 8.1)
    Look at task manager, everything looks normal, low disk and CPU usuage, memory about 17-20%
    I have also tried to run serval disk checkers, aswell as memtest, but no errors anywhere.
    I tried to run prime95 to see if it was overheating, but even after 30min of running there were no errors/warning nor any lag to be seen. Tempertures hoovered around 60-70C.

Does anyone have anyother suggestions? My laptop is approximately 1 year old now, it is a:

Sony SVS13A3W9E
    (Link to Sony's support side for my laptop)
    http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVS13A3W9E

Link to system spec at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BF7O71K/?tag=tec053-21

Thanks in advanced!

Kofoed, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Crazy lag spikes only after factory reset on Windows 10 laptop!

1. Crazy lag spikes only after factory reset on Windows 10 laptop! - Similar Threads - Crazy lag spikes

2. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  3. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  4. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lag spikes reaching 3000+ ping only on this laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes reaching 3000+ ping only on this laptop: I'm having huge lag spikes every 10-20 seconds only on my laptop, its affecting zoom meetings and games, it is really annoying.I tested it on my phone with zoom on the same network and there were no lag spikes on it.It's been happening for a week now and I do not know why,...
  6. Lag spikes reaching 3000+ ping only on this laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag spikes reaching 3000+ ping only on this laptop: I'm having huge lag spikes every 10-20 seconds only on my laptop, its affecting zoom meetings and games, it is really annoying.I tested it on my phone with zoom on the same network and there were no lag spikes on it.It's been happening for a week now and I do not know why,...
  7. Lag spikes reaching 3000+ ping only on this laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Laptop lagging after resetting windows 10

Laptop lagging after resetting windows 10: A few months ago I decided to reset my laptop because there was a lot of things I didn’t use and I felt that was time do clean it, everything was running perfectly fine before resetting.After the reset I was constantly getting huge fps drops in almost every game I played. All...
  9. Lag Spikes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lag Spikes Windows 10: Hi guys , recently i passed from ethernet to wifi and i noticed that when i play games, i have some lag spikes (like 2000ms , while the usual ping is always 32). I think is a problem of some setting of my pc cause i try to use my cell as hotspot (as a type of " second wifi")...
  10. My laptop is lagging crazy!

My laptop is lagging crazy!: Hi, My laptop is lagging insane, I reset it and did everything you can think of and still no luck if you can help please reply, Its to the point where I cant even play a game anymore because of how annoying it is....