Windows 10: Crazy video display

Discus and support Crazy video display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have reloaded the display driver and the video driver, yet the screen still looks like this (see attached) 128899 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Mar 14, 2019.

1. lenberman Win User

Crazy video display

I have reloaded the display driver and the video driver, yet the screen still looks like this (see attached)

:)

lenberman, Mar 14, 2019

2. video usage

Hi,

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?
    As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    video Displays

Hi Robert,

This issue is caused due to many reasons such as due to driver related issues or due to some settings related issues or due to an issue with the Codec. I would like to know some information about this issue so that we could assist
    you further.

1. Do you get any error code or error message while playing the video?

2. Is this issue confined to any specific video or with all the videos?

3. Is this issue confined to Video app or with other apps as well?

4. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

As a first step, try playing a different video and check if the issue is confined to any specific video or not.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it works for you.

Method 1:

Try installing the latest video card drivers from HP's website or from Windows Update and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the hardware driver:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

c. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2:

Try the steps provided in the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with an app:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Please reply with more information about this issue so that we can help you better.

Arul_D, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Crazy video display

Video

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• For a better understanding of the issue, let me know if the issue occurs with all videos or any specific videos (File type)?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall display drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Display driver from Device Manager.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver.

• Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the prompt and restart the computer.
    Step 2: Install the Display driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/videos

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Crazy video display

1. Crazy video display - Similar Threads - Crazy video display

2. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  3. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  4. Videos go crazy when played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos go crazy when played: This is copy pasted from my reddit post where I was directed here.Disclaimer I am not good with technology at all and I will need step by step instructions if someone can help. I have deleted my browser extensions, made sure my video drivers were up to date and cleared all my...
  5. Videos go crazy when played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos go crazy when played: This is copy pasted from my reddit post where I was directed here.Disclaimer I am not good with technology at all and I will need step by step instructions if someone can help. I have deleted my browser extensions, made sure my video drivers were up to date and cleared all my...
  6. This is crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is crazy . . .: I noticed there are no icons on my desktop? I have, a slideshow running. But, that's it? If I run, "quick access". I can see, everything. All, the files. All, the folders? When I click on, desktop. I see, all the icons. Just the way, they are. When there on, the desktop....
  7. This is crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is crazy . . .: It's not happening, on this Forum. But it does happen on other screens. Example: Movies, Videos and Music. What, I'm talking about, is a small rectangular window, on the bottom, right side of my screen. It's running, all the time!. It shows commercials, and other things....
  8. Video Display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Display: When Windows updated a couple of months ago all videos played through Windows will not display properly. The video displays much larger than it should. It looks like a magnify button of some sort has been pushed....
  9. TVGuide.com Videos driving me Crazy...

in Browsers and Email
    TVGuide.com Videos driving me Crazy...: I use Chrome v69 as my default browser.I use tvguide.com for my TV Listings. Every time I refresh the page, there is this obtrusive video that plays at full volume that I want to get rid of. I have 3 AD Blockers as Chrome Extensions that do remove the ads, but not that video....
  10. Crazy Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Crazy Display: While on my HP Pavilion 6620 F the screen momentarily went blank then the monitor had "No Signal" for about 2 seconds then everything came back but at a different display size. Going to settings and resolution it now has only 3 choices and it gave me 1024 X 768 (Recommended)....