Windows 10: CRC Errors on HDD

Discus and support CRC Errors on HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a couple of questions about CRC errors. Is there any software that will scan the disk and report which files are affected ? If I replace files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James1093, Sep 9, 2018.

1. James1093 Win User

CRC Errors on HDD

I have a couple of questions about CRC errors. Is there any software that will scan the disk and report which files are affected ?
    If I replace files that had CRC errors with new copies, am I ok ?

I ran Chkdsk /F from elevated command prompt and it didn't report any problems.

:)

James1093, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

CRC error

Ta for the links. I know why the CRC error occurs, but not how to get around it. to quote from the 2nd link: "If you encounter a CRC check error then either your program has changed or you are running a different version of ShareGuard Lock. There are 2 different CRC checks. The most common problem that you will encounter is the CRC error when you modify your program executable. ShareGuard actually records the original CRC of your file. NOTE: This only happens if you set the CRC check on in ShareGuard Locksmith. The loading of the CRC DLL is for checking the CRC of the ShareGuard Lock program. This CRC is always dynamically computed when you generate your parameters. If you receive a CRC error then just reset the Product Id from the Tools page of the ShareGuard Locksmith. The ShareGuard Lock will then automatically re-compute a new CRC for your program. This CRC value will always be enforced until you reset the Product Id. This is something that your customers cannot do but protects your software from cracking. You will always create a new product id so that a new CRC value will be computed for your next version release."

Looks like I might have to make my own installer as well *Bang Head :banghead:

Ketxxx, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Widjaja Win User
    Ultra DMA CRC Error Count

I have had the CRC error count thing happen to my system not too long ago.
    In my case what happened was actually the DVD drive SATA cable going bad or having a poor connection, causing interference with the main HDD.
    When this happened I was getting long long load times, and bluescreens.
    By the time I had figured out what the issue was, the HDDs smart logged 111 CRC error data.

Still runs good as gold.
    All the Ultra DMA CRC Error count tells me is at one time during the usage of the HDD, there was a problem causing the HDD not to function correctly, not the HDD itself.

In more uncommon cases, the CRC error count, would be caused by a failing logic board on the HDD.

But by then it would be obvious there is a problem without looking at HDTune.

Widjaja, Sep 9, 2018
  4. raptori Win User

CRC Errors on HDD

CRC errors always

this is what I tried so far
    tried download and extract on a 2nd installed windows (I have dual boot) and its same CRC error
    tried another non built-in LAN card pci-E x1 and its the same CRC error
    tried restore bios to default and its same CRC error
    tried putting a laptop on the same line instead of my PC and it works no errors no problems

i have no idea what to do ? it was working before no errors no problems I don't know what happened ??

raptori, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

CRC Errors on HDD

1. CRC Errors on HDD - Similar Threads - CRC Errors HDD

2. System backup getting CRC Errors chkdsk doesn't see any problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System backup getting CRC Errors chkdsk doesn't see any problems: Hi All,In my system I have the following HD's:Samsung Evo 250 System C:Samsung Evo 120Barracuda 1TBWD Red 3TBI have full drive backups on my NAS mapped drives using Free File Sync to keep them up to date. I have been trying to do a complete system backup on a 4TB WD...
  3. How to take files off a drive with a CRC error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take files off a drive with a CRC error: An old external hard drive of mine has recently been trapped in a cyclic redundancy check error. I am not able to open the drive directly. The only way I’m able to get into the drive is through a pinned folder. All files are viewable. When I try to take the files off the...
  4. How to take files off a drive with a CRC error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take files off a drive with a CRC error: An old external hard drive of mine has recently been trapped in a cyclic redundancy check error. I am not able to open the drive directly. The only way I’m able to get into the drive is through a pinned folder. All files are viewable. When I try to take the files off the...
  5. hdd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd error: Hey My hdd usage is not constant always above 15% and spiking so i downloaded crystal disk info to check it tho it says my hdd is in Good condition but by looking at the values can you tell me is my hdd going to fail? actually idk anything about these values...
  6. hdd error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdd error: Hey My hdd usage is not constant always above 15% and spiking so i downloaded crystal disk info to check it tho it says my hdd is in Good condition but by looking at the values can you tell me is my hdd going to fail? actually idk anything about these values...
  7. hdd error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. CRC Mismatch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRC Mismatch: Hi, I have downloaded a file consisting of more parts. There is an app to check the integrity of all parts. I have everything in my smartphone memory. When I copy all these files and run the integrity check in my notebook, everything is ok. If I download the files to a...
  9. Macrium Image Backup Fails, due to CRC error first, now MFT errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Image Backup Fails, due to CRC error first, now MFT errors: W-10 - Build 1903 --- I must get an image backup, to replace the old 1 TB with errors, with my new 500GB WD SSD. I'm trying to use "Macrium 7.x Free", to back up to a known good USB. (I did an image to that USB from my other PC, = NP). i suspect that Window updates may have...
  10. What is the cause of my tremendous amount of FEC and CRC errors?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the cause of my tremendous amount of FEC and CRC errors?: I apologize for not knowing all the correct jargon. I am very perplexed and frustrated. For over 6 weeks I have been having intermittent disconnections from the internet which prompted my calling my DSL provider the phone company. They have come to my home several times....