Windows 10: Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?

Discus and support Create a desktop icon for Google Drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Google Drive, and can access my uploaded files from a Speed Dial icon within Opera Browser. This works fine! But there is no desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Willabong, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Willabong Win User

Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?

I have installed Google Drive, and can access my uploaded files from a Speed Dial icon within Opera Browser.
    This works fine! But there is no desktop or system tray icon, and without uninstalling and re-installing Google Drive there is no way to fix this, and uninstalling would mean I have to upload all my files again?
    Is there a fairly simple way to create an icon on the desktop that will open Google Drive using the URL?

:)

Willabong, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Google Drive Icon Constantly Disappears in Windows 10

Hi Kara,

It is possible that an icon may disappeared is because, the Show Desktop Icons is unchecked. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Does this happen also to another application or in Google Drive only?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages?

In the meantime, we recommend that you modify option for icons by following these steps:

• Right-click the Desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Checked Show Desktop Icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Noela Tum Win User
    Some Google Shortcut Icons appear as empty folders when I choose to display the medium size icon on desktop

Hello,

Your desktop icons are an awesome way to keep track of your favorite programs. Since you mentioned that you've successfully updated the icons for your Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar and Google Contacts then that means they should be easier to find.

The Gmail and Google Contact desktop icons doesn't show up with the updated picture when they're viewed in medium size. To resolve the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Where did you download the icons?
    • Can you give us a screenshot of the medium-sized icons on your desktop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Noela Tum, Sep 28, 2018
  4. 2workit1 Win User

where is google drive?

Downloaded google drive; clicked open in the DL folder; it listed it in the : Programs on this computer. Went to desktop to look for the google drive icon; but it doesn't exist. Went back to the: programs on this computer; list; and now it is not listed
    in the list. Any ideas? Thanks.

2workit1, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Create a desktop icon for Google Drive? - Similar Threads - Create desktop icon

2. KB5034123 Disabled Google Drive for Desktops Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034123 Disabled Google Drive for Desktops Tray Icon: All of the sudden my google drive for desktops Tray Icon was disabled and I used it frequently to insure files that I saved were synced to the google drive. I use it for 4 drives or google accounts. After uninstalling KB5034123 all is back to normal now. Microsoft needs to...
  3. KB5034123 Disabled Google Drive for Desktops Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034123 Disabled Google Drive for Desktops Tray Icon: All of the sudden my google drive for desktops Tray Icon was disabled and I used it frequently to insure files that I saved were synced to the google drive. I use it for 4 drives or google accounts. After uninstalling KB5034123 all is back to normal now. Microsoft needs to...
  4. Google Drive for Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Drive for Desktop: I just found out about Google Drive for Desktop. This site says Google Drive's much-anticipated desktop reboot is on schedule for this fall. However, it is now available for download, well ahead of schedule, which makes me a little beta nervous. Also, I'd like an explanation...
  5. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?: When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10. I now have a new system and NEED them back. I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search...
  6. Desktop icons open in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons open in Google Chrome: Desk top icons open/shortcuts go to Google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-open-in-google-chrome/623c3d54-bd7f-489e-9e69-a3c07466eeb4
  7. Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?: I have installed Google Drive, and can access my uploaded files from a Speed Dial icon within Opera Browser. This works fine! But there is no desktop or system tray icon, and without uninstalling and re-installing Google Drive there is no way to fix this, and uninstalling...
  8. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  9. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...