Windows 10: Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

Discus and support Create a desktop shortcut in Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wren H, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Wren H Win User

Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge?

:)

Wren H, Aug 21, 2020
  2. SaraTee Win User

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

If I'm shopping away in IE and create a shortcut to that webpage on the desktop from IE, if I haven't cleared my cache, it remembers the stuff in my cart for the IE shortcut (for as long as the cookie is good, not just a shopping cart but other similar pages).
    I can't do this in Edge unless I create a Favorite for it IN Edge. Then there is no nice quick link from my desktop, I have to open Edge and select the Favorite. Used this many times with IE desktop links when Black Friday shopping.

Point is it's annoying because Microsoft wants Edge to be the default browser but then the Microsoft employee on here responds with the suggestion to send it to IE to create a Desktop shortcut. I'm using Edge on my Android phone and I can send a shortcut
    for a webpage to the Android Launcher - but I can't do the same with Edge on my Windows 10 computer?

It is a very basic task that should not require multiple steps of opening another application to create a desktop shortcut is the point I think of the OP.

SaraTee, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

1. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge - Similar Threads - Create desktop shortcut

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. Create a shortcut on desktop with Edge and windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a shortcut on desktop with Edge and windows 10: I tried to follow the instructions that were posted here, but when I click on the three dots and box comes up and there is nothing on there about opening with IE or open with anything. Now what do I do?...
  4. Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?: Hi folks - Try as I might, I cannot find an extension enabling me to create a quick webpage desktop shortcut in Edge. You would think that Microsoft would have thought of a simple solution to accomplish this. Any ideas? TIA *Rolleyes 174741
  5. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send to - Desktop (create shortcut): Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and...
  6. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  7. Creating Desktop Shortcut To Website When Using MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creating Desktop Shortcut To Website When Using MS Edge: When using any version of IE Explorer, when viewing a webpage and want to create a desktop shortcut to that webpage I would simply right click just about anywhere on the webpage and select Create Desktop Shortcut from the drop-down Menu and Presto a new icon shortcut would...
  8. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  9. Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera: I'm trying to create some shortcuts to my browsers on my new Windows 10 64bit PC, but I'm stuck on a couple issues: - How can I create a private browsing shortcut for Opera? It's easy to do this for Firefox and Chrome - but I can't figure out how to do it for Opera. -...
  10. Trouble creating a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble creating a desktop shortcut: The program WinsSCP comes with 2 executables: WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com. I am trying to create desktop shortcuts for each. I had no trouble creating one for the .exe file but Windows won't create for the .com file. If I go to its folder, click and drag it to the desktop,...