Windows 10: Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...

Discus and support Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m afraid I’ve never been much of windows user so forgive me if this is something super easy to do, but I haven’t been able to figure it out in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samr1234, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...

I’m afraid I’ve never been much of windows user so forgive me if this is something super easy to do, but I haven’t been able to figure it out in the past hour so I‘m hopeful someone here can help.

I want to do the following:

• Some of the website we use for work have a nicely structured url for search results, like: http://search.com/search?keywords=windows+noob
    • I want to be able to replace the parts after the = in the url
    • I want to replace it with the contents of the clipboard
      • Ideally I would love it to prompt for something if there isn’t anything in clipboard
    • I want to place it as a shortcut on the windows desktop

So I know how to do a this on a mac, but I can’t seem to search for the right keywords for me to be able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

O, I tried guessing and just created a shortcut from the desktop with this as the “location” http://search.com/search?keywords=%clipboard% but that obviously didn’t fly.

submitted by /u/Samr1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samr1234, Dec 12, 2019

2. Adding shortcut to desktop from web page

Hi,

Please let us know, which browser are you using to do so?

Follow the steps below to create shortcuts of websites on the Desktop:

• When you are viewing a website, right click on the web page and select the Create Shortcut option. The shortcut will be placed on the Desktop.
    • You can also right click the Desktop and select New/Shortcut. In the Location Box, paste the URL to the website.
    • Click Next and Name the shortcut and Click Finish.
    • You can also drag the Icon at the left end of the Address Bar and drop it on the Desktop, when viewing a website to create a shortcut.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    web links to desktop

Hi Terry,

In computing, a hyperlink is a reference in a document to an external piece of information. The most common usage is on the Internet to browse through web pages. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these
    steps on how to create a hyperlink on the desktop. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the blank area of the desktop and choose
      New, then select Shortcut.
    • You can type the web address in the Type the location of the item:
      box.

Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search... c73d30f0-831a-4f72-9588-a96daac9a9b1.png
    • Click Next.
    • You can type the name of the shortcut in the
      Type a name for this shortcut:
      box.

Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search... cd46f265-ff53-459d-83da-14816c2f71cf.png
    • Click Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...

1. Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search... - Similar Threads - Create desktop shortcut

2. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  3. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  4. Unable to delete a web link shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a web link shortcut.: I've been deleting a bunch of onedrive data in association to my college's account, now that I have completed the course, but I'm stuck with this random weblink shortcut:I hope someone can help me deal with this issue.The black bar btw is for the sake of hiding the...
  5. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  6. Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?: Hi folks - Try as I might, I cannot find an extension enabling me to create a quick webpage desktop shortcut in Edge. You would think that Microsoft would have thought of a simple solution to accomplish this. Any ideas? TIA *Rolleyes 174741
  7. CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE: WHO AN WHY WAS THIS CHANGE MAID IN IE-11 WHEN ON A WEBSITE NEED TO MAKE SHORTCUT RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT CREATE SHORTCUT REAL EASY AND SIMPLE TO DO. NOW IN EDGE SAME THING RIGHT CLICK NOT THEIR HIGHT LIGHT SITE LOCATION MINIMIZE SCREEN RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP SELECT CREATE...
  8. Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps: This article shows you how to put a shortcut to your favorite app on the desktop. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end....
  9. Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows How to Create Environment Variables Shortcut in Windows Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can be used both...
  10. Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows How to Create a Clear Clipboard Shortcut in Windows The clipboard is a temporary storage area used by Windows. Information (such as text, files, graphics, sound, or video) can be copied to the clipboard from one program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. variable in desktop link