Windows 10: Create a document

Discus and support Create a document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Want to type/print/revise a document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-document/6bad3ec0-6560-4213-bced-e165d12b6d18" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JorettaBouley, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Create a document

Want to type/print/revise a document

:)

JorettaBouley, Oct 21, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft PDF and Document Writer not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

Please refer to:

Reader app for Windows: FAQ

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 21, 2019
  4. marinro Win User

Create a document

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Create a document

1. Create a document - Similar Threads - Create document

2. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  3. I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I create a word document with text and pictures when re open this have not the past format: Windows 11 / Office 2019 / WordI create one document in Word.On each page, I apply the specific format with paragraph features.The document looks good.I save it.When open the document again, the document looks bad, some pages with one errors other with other , and so on.I...
  4. Need help to verify a document created and updated date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help to verify a document created and updated date: I need to verify the creation date and last updated date of a Microsoft word file sent by my students are correct without tampered. are there any tools that i can use ? or its possible ?Thank you....
  5. Need help to verify a document created and updated date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to verify a document created and updated date: I need to verify the creation date and last updated date of a Microsoft word file sent by my students are correct without tampered. are there any tools that i can use ? or its possible ?Thank you....
  6. Need help to verify a document created and updated date

7. Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT'

Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT': I can't access my services it shows "unable to create document"and can't use sfc /scannow it shows "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." if i want to see any folders properties it would'nt open and when i try to play game it shows "failed to load...
  8. Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT': I can't access my services it shows "unable to create document"and can't use sfc /scannow it shows "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." if i want to see any folders properties it would'nt open and when i try to play game it shows "failed to load...
  9. While trying to remove OneDive I removed my system "document" file. I need to create a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    While trying to remove OneDive I removed my system "document" file. I need to create a...: While trying to remove OneDive I removed my system "document" file. I need to create a system level "document" facility.I can add a folder called Document but I can't get it to display on screen when I click on the This PC Icon.:...
  10. While trying to remove OneDive I removed my system "document" file. I need to create a...

While trying to remove OneDive I removed my system "document" file. I need to create a...: While trying to remove OneDive I removed my system "document" file. I need to create a system level "document" facility.I can add a folder called Document but I can't get it to display on screen when I click on the This PC Icon.:...