Windows 10: Create a file to run a hotkey?

Discus and support Create a file to run a hotkey? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a .vbs, .bat etc command so I can run the file and the hotkey F8 (or something else) runs/is pressed? 2004 Windows 10 Build 19041 162919 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeke33, Aug 20, 2020.

1. zeke33 Win User

Create a file to run a hotkey?

Is there a .vbs, .bat etc command so I can run the file and the hotkey F8 (or something else) runs/is pressed?

Windows 10
    Build 19041

:)

zeke33, Aug 20, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Aug 20, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Create a file to run a hotkey?

Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Create a file to run a hotkey?

1. Create a file to run a hotkey? - Similar Threads - Create file run

2. Creating multiple macros associated to multiple hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating multiple macros associated to multiple hotkeys?: I'm looking for exactly what the title says. I can't seem to find software which allows multiple saved macros to be run whenever. Only software with 1 macro. Thanks for any suggestions on how to do this/applications I could use. submitted by /u/juicy_squat [link]...
  3. Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ways to create a custom hotkey without bloatwear running in the background?: Hi, so there's like a dozen different keyboard shotcut interrupt layers that enable custom shortcuts in windows, but I don't want to have to run bloated wares just to do one simple keyboard shortcut. I'm looking for the lightest lightweight solution possible to create a...
  4. Create hotkey for mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create hotkey for mouse?: I would like to create a hotkey on the mouse where I double press the mouse wheel so that it has the same function as the DEL key. How can I do that and is that even possible? Pressing the mouse wheel once would also be ok. Hotkey für Maus erstellen?
  5. How to create a hotkey for running command in background instead of foreground in win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a hotkey for running command in background instead of foreground in win10?: To execute a my application in foreground in win10'cmd: c:\myapp\app.exe -c c:\myapp\config.json Bind the cmd with a hotkey. hotkey logo Click on desktop--new--hotkey,write the command `c:\myapp\app.exe -c c:\myapp\config.json` in target menu,named it `myapp`. run...
  6. Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...: Hey all I have a problem that has driven me crazy. When I create a shortcut for a specific file, be it an executable file or any files of sort, there's too much delay between pressing the associated hotkey and opening the file. Note when I press those shortcuts' icons files...
  7. Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...
  8. Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.: I have a keyboard with a pad of 18 programmable keys. I use them to run various programs and commands like copy and paste, firefox, crome, Outlook, etc. I have been completely stumped trying to get Microsoft Edge to launch as there is no convenient Microsoft Edge.exe to be...
  9. help creating a file to run program Run as Admin at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help creating a file to run program Run as Admin at boot: I have a program I run at startup, and it needs to run as Admin. I have made bat files eons ago, but they have to run at the cmd prompt. How can I do this in windows. I'm using Glary Utilities Startup processor. Here is the program: Process Explorer and when I run it I use...
  10. Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to Create a Hotkey to Change the Volume Level of Line In: [img] Lowering and raising the levels bar on this^ with a keyboard key or combination of keys. I've been using Line In to listen to my game console audio but sometimes I need to adjust the volume, and I'd rather have a key to do it. Is it at all possible to do this?...