Windows 10: create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format

Discus and support create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have watched so many videos and tutorials. For some reason I am not understanding how to do this. Do I start by downloading the MCT to my flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter D. N., Jun 30, 2019.

1. create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format

I have watched so many videos and tutorials.

For some reason I am not understanding how to do this.

Do I start by downloading the MCT to my flash drive?

Could you please not give me links but instead step by step show me how to accomplish this task?

Thank you.

:)

Peter D. N., Jun 30, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 30, 2019
  3. WizardWN Win User
    Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Hello,

I don't think you have to worry about FAT32 or NTFS. If you insert a USB flash drive and create a recovery drive, Windows 10 should format the USB flash drive for what you needed. Windows 10 should format automatic.

WizardWN, Jun 30, 2019
  4. ((John)) Win User

create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format

Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Just created a Flash USB Recovery Drive which looks OK. The Dell instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS format yet further reading on Microsoft sites say to use FAT32 format when creating the drive.

On checking the contents of the newly created Flash Recovery Drive it is FAT32 format. I'm confused as to why Dell tells me to format to NTFS and the final drive is FAT32. Can anyone throw light on this please? I'm concerned the drive may not work if I need
    to use it. Thank you.

((John)), Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format

1. create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format - Similar Threads - create flash drive

2. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  3. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  4. Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?: The flash disk drive is in my usb 3.0 but when i try to format it i'm getting error that the disk is write protected.The reason that i want to format it is that i want to download to it the latest windows 10 installation files.This is a screenshot of the drive content :This...
  5. Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?: The flash disk drive is in my usb 3.0 but when i try to format it i'm getting error that the disk is write protected.The reason that i want to format it is that i want to download to it the latest windows 10 installation files.This is a screenshot of the drive content :This...
  6. Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Create a recovery drive trashing flash drive - Windows 10

Create a recovery drive trashing flash drive - Windows 10: I am trying to create a recovery drive for my Dell Pc recently upgraded to Windows 10. I am following the support instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive, but when i connect a 32GB USB flash drive at step 3, on...
  8. Formatting flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting flash drives: Hi all. Lately, every flash drive I've bought requires to be NTFS formatted. Quick formatting gives me the option to change allocation size. Is there a specific size I should be using or just go small? 39013
  9. Format usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...
  10. Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?

Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?: Hi, If your USB flash drive has data on it or maybe an earlier version of the Windows 10 installation media for example. Do you have to format the USB flash drive manually in windows (right click and format) before using the Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows...