Windows 10: Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry

Discus and support Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I want to create a keyboard shortcut to go directly to a language in my case, one shortcut for English and another for HebrewI've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by levavft, May 2, 2021.

1. levavft Win User

Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry

Hi guys, I want to create a keyboard shortcut to go directly to a language in my case, one shortcut for English and another for HebrewI've tried through: "edit language and keyboard options->Spelling, typing, & keyboard settings->Advanced keyboard settings->Input language hot keys"But the shortcuts didn't work.This was intended as a test anyway's, since I'll need to do this programmatically, e.g. with a .reg file.I've looked around a bit in the registry, and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Input Method\Hot Keys\..." seems like a promising place, except I couldn't find an explan

:)

levavft, May 2, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change Taskbar Color with a Keyboard Shortcut

Hi Z_A_S

I am sorry, there is no way to create a keyboard shortcut to change the Taskbar color, there are just too many steps in that operation to be linked to a keyboard shortcut, there is not even a registry hack to do this . . .

DaveM121, May 2, 2021
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, May 2, 2021
  4. Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry

Keyboard shortcut to change language

Hi all.

I have been set up
    Keyboard shortcut to change
    language
    like this:

Ctrl + 1 = English

Ctrl + 2 = Russian

Ctrl + 3 = Ukrainian

But, after last update this config was restored to defaults.

And from that time, when I'm restarting my computer or put it in to sleeping state - all

Keyboard shortcut are
    restores

to defaults.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

AntonKruchenkov, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry

1. Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry - Similar Threads - Create keyboard shortcut

2. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  3. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  4. shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?: So far I've been using alt + tab to cycle between my two keyboard languages i usually use. However, since windows keeps automatically adding new keyboards to my system, this shortcut is messed up for me. It is tiring to keep removing these keyboards, and I have not found a...
  5. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  6. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  7. Created accidental keyboard shortcut, can't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created accidental keyboard shortcut, can't change: I use the numpad on my fullsize keyboard frequently, and for some reason now when I push the numpad 9, it opens a Windows volume mixer on on the side of my screen. In order to use the numpad 9 to type the number as intended, I have to hold the Windows key while I press it....
  8. Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working

Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working: I constantly change between Korean and English keyboard. So these are the ways to quickly change INPUT language of keyboard: 1. click the letter icon beside language bar in taskbar 2. press left Alt + Shift or windows logo + space I want the second one because it's...
  9. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...
  10. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635