Windows 10: Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

Discus and support Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Wife got a new computer and when i set it up I logged into my Microsoft account. Now it brings up my name and not hers and it is switching pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhillipWaken, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

My Wife got a new computer and when i set it up I logged into my Microsoft account. Now it brings up my name and not hers and it is switching pictures between the two computers. How do I get my account off set it up for her?

:)

PhillipWaken, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

3. Mindweaver, Nov 11, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

1. Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Create local Account

2. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  3. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  4. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  5. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  6. Set up a local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set up a local account.: I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time I've tried I've only managed to replace the MS account. I'd like to be able to switch between them. How do I accomplish...
  7. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  8. Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...: I have created a microsoft account to sync my settings to my computer. I had a local account. Going through the process I had it all set up on a browser but did not notice it ended in hotmail.com and not outlook.es. Having a hard time retracing my steps because it told me to...
  9. Should I set up a Local Account on PC as well as a Microsoft Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should I set up a Local Account on PC as well as a Microsoft Account?: Hi, I sign into my PC with a Microsoft Account. What happens if something goes wrong and you cant get into the Microsoft Account for some reason meaning that you cant sign into the PC (if account gets hacked or something similar)? Is it also recommended to set up a Local...
  10. Cannot set up Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up Local Account: I can't set up a Local Account Please help. I get this error message: [img] 17819