Windows 10: Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; To create a new Admin profile, I followed MS instructions and ended up with "Profile service failed" with no option to revert to old profile. Can I get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by prasadatreyapurapu, May 20, 2020.

1. Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition

To create a new Admin profile, I followed MS instructions and ended up with "Profile service failed" with no option to revert to old profile. Can I get a correct procedure to create a new admin and delete the old corrupted profile?

No easy F8 to enter Safe mode.

F2 boot from DVD/USB DRIVE also fails calmly.

Please do not confuse, No way to boot.

No 'Command prompt" is available -forget 'elevated"

Public end with "profile service failed" !!!

Any pragmatic solution really helps many.

:)

prasadatreyapurapu, May 20, 2020

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if you are using a Local account on the computer and if it’s the only account, it will be an admin account. To check if the account is an admin account, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. You will find all the user accounts on the computer and if you see Administrator beside your account, the account is an admin account.

If you want to change the name of the user account that you are using, you need to create a new user account on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    . Once you create a new user account, follow the steps from the section
    Copy files to the new user profile in the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    to move the data from the old account to the new account.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7. However, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 20, 2020
  4. Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition

Change windows 10 admin email, without creating a new profile.

Sorry I meant email not password. And as I said creating a new alias which the word alias is no where to be found and thus I think you mean family member? Still is not an option as I would lose all save info and settings etc which would take a few hours
    to fix.

Please help me find another way to change the Admin EMAIL without creating a new profile.

Also it was quite clear that PASSWORD was a mistake and the whole question is revolving around the admin email.

EDIT: furthermore, the link you provided is only for the https://account.microsoft.com/profile/ NOT the EMAIL FOR THE PC WHILE BOOTING TO WINDOWS, which is what I am referring to.

Lordmuck666, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition

1. Create a New Admin Profile, Windows 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Create Admin Profile

2. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  3. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  4. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  6. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  7. Will Installing windows 10 home single language edition in place of windows 10 home create...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will Installing windows 10 home single language edition in place of windows 10 home create...: My laptop came with Windows 10 home edition; Can I install home single language edition or it will create license problems? my C drive has space problem so I want smaller installation. Thank you....
  8. Change windows 10 admin email, without creating a new profile.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change windows 10 admin email, without creating a new profile.: Hello, I do not know why windows 10 decided to use a backup email and not the one that I use for my Microsoft account. I would like to change this and I have read instructions which all say to make a new profile etc.. remove the original. Well unfortunately when creating...
  9. Windows 10 Themes can't be edited/ new created

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Themes can't be edited/ new created: So, i wanted to change my game of thrones theme since i found a new love for CS: GO. but the lower balk is missing (screenshot of windows 7). I'm not familiar with windows 10 customization yet. How do i edit my theme? Oh yeah ignore Fallout there. [img] [img] 29442
  10. Can I create Mandatory Profiles for new Users in Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I create Mandatory Profiles for new Users in Windows 10 Home: Hey, I am an IT Technician/Teacher of a small school, and we are upgrading our systems to Windows 10 this summer but I have done some research and the best way for user profiles is to have one mandatory profile setup and everyone just uses the same one. I am using Win 10...