Windows 10: Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition...

Discus and support Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Today I tried creating a new logical partition via device manager, where there was 38 GB of unallocated space. On following the process, I ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snhariharan, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition...

Hi,
    Today I tried creating a new logical partition via device manager, where there was 38 GB of unallocated space. On following the process, I ended up in a disasters state where all but 2 logical partition turned into unallocated space.

I did not do further, and when checked all other forum, I ended up with some paid softwares as solution which are quite costly for recovering partitions. Is there any solution for this in Windows?

Also I would like to know what exactly happened and why did my existing logical partitions turned into unallocated space.

Regards,

Hari

:)

snhariharan, Apr 8, 2020

2. unable to change unallocated space to primary partition or logical partition.

1) Are you able to view the unallocated 100 Gb memory space in the Disk management?

Yes, checked that before posting.

2) How exactly you are trying to change the unallocated space to primary or logical drive?

Open EaseUS Partition Master, highlight the unallocated partition. If it is a primary partition click on "Convert to logical" and if it is a logical partition click on "Convert to primary". Then click apply.

What about the question as to why, when I booted from the W10 ISO disk I was not given the option of where to install the OS? Thanks.

kemperhill, Apr 8, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition... :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free - manage and resize disk partitions (also for 64bit OS!)

or

EaseUS Partition Master - manage disk partitions (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition...

Need help soon - Questions on partitions and unallocated space

Hello all. I am about to install Win 7 later today and I am looking to set up some partitions. I plan on doing the following. If this won't work please let me know:

1) I have a 1TB drive with a single partition (Vista, data, ect.). I have 300GB or so of unused space. Within Vista I will create a new partition (drive/partition D). I will place my data on this partition.

2) I will install Windows 7. I will format and install it over my former partition/drive C during the Windows 7 installer. When Windows 7 is installing, I will shrink the partition down to 60GB.

3) This will leave me with roughly 570GB or so of unallocated space, correct?

4) I will create a 3rd partition (drive/partition F?) with this unallocated space.

5) I will extend my data partition/drive D over partition F. I will now have all of my data and 830GB of total usable space.

6) Windows 7 will create a System Reserve partition (100MB) automatically during installation, correct?

Will this work? Thanks for reading.

Flogger23m, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition...

1. Create a new partition from unallocated space made all other partition logical partition... - Similar Threads - Create partition unallocated

2. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...
  3. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...: Actually, I recently installed SSD in my laptop and I deleted the previous c drive where I used to have my window. But it created an unallocated space at the mid of my hard drive. When I am trying to create new volume over the unallocated space it says "There is not enough...
  4. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...: Actually, I recently installed SSD in my laptop and I deleted the previous c drive where I used to have my window. But it created an unallocated space at the mid of my hard drive. When I am trying to create new volume over the unallocated space it says "There is not enough...
  5. Unable to assign unallocated space to any of the partition or to create a new volume from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Creating Unallocated Space at End of Disk (Partitioning)

Creating Unallocated Space at End of Disk (Partitioning): Hi, I have a 250 GB SSD that I just installed Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.329 on. I'd like to create a new, 20 GB partition of unallocated space at the end of this drive. However, it appears that during installation, the Windows 10 setup created a 500 MB recovery...
  7. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  8. Unallocated Partitions?

Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  9. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903
  10. Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space

Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space: Hello, I just assembled a new PC. It has a single 4TB hard drive. During Windows 10 installation, I created a 200gb partition to install to as the C: drive. It auto partitioned my drive into a 500MB system reserved partition, my C: drive, and two unallocated spaces of...