Windows 10: create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

Discus and support create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nightearth, Sep 26, 2018.

1. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

Dear all,

I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out.

I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still unable to create storage space.

create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces f8242173-2fc8-44f9-9db2-f2048944f85d?upload=true.jpg

create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces 983fb3f3-1157-475d-a6af-93225ec5eedc?upload=true.jpg

:)

nightearth, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Avogrower Win User

can't manage my storage spaces

I set up Storage Spaces when using Windows 8.1 and then migrated successfully into 10.

My original Storage Spaces are intact and being used.

When I open the Manage Storage Spaces page there are no options to manage the spaces. When I select Change Settings it goes to User Account Control and then it goes to Create a New Pool as the only option. If I select Create a New Pool, it tells me I have
    no drives available to create a pool.

I get no error messages.

Yes, I have three drives that comprise the Pool and one SSD drive that contains Windows.

Thanks,

Avogrower, Sep 26, 2018
  3. MikeBar Win User
    When adding a journal for storage spaces, is the journal added to the storage pool or a the storage space?

I'm planning to create 2 storage spaces, 1 for backup and 1 for my main data. I was going to add 1 journal to each storage space, but it looks like the journal applies to the storage pool, not the storage space. Is that the case? if it is, is the better
    approach to add 2 SSD drives to the storage pool as journals? If I add 2 drives as journals, how do I change the friendly name of the drives? Both of my drives that I want to use as journals have the same exact name.

Thanks,

Mike

MikeBar, Sep 26, 2018
  4. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

Storage Spaces capacity error

Hi, Thanks for your response.

But this does not explain why 'storage spaces' says my pool is full and 'My PC' says i have 7.5 tb of space available?

'My PC' IS correct, 'storage spaces is incorrect. But 'storage spaces' will not let me add any new files/data.

I did run Disk cleanup like you suggested but there were no files to clean in the 'storage spaces' pool.

The pool is only used to store media files. Not OS.

Please help x

trickyricky1, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

1. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces - Similar Threads - create pool storage

2. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  3. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  4. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With Storage Spaces, you can group two or more drives together in a storage […] This article How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2: I used to edit material on an external HDD which I would back up monthly. When that drive failed, I realised that I should have been backing up the edits between month's ends. Then I saw that Storage Spaces in Settings;Storage, promised to 'save files to 2 or more drives' and...
  7. Storage Spaces + Pool Capacity

Storage Spaces + Pool Capacity: I have 2 storage spaces set up. I am a bit confused when it comes to one of them as it is not utilizing the full pool capacity after adding a disk. Does anyone know the command line commands to expand it to utilize the full pool capacity? I have tried to Optimize to no...
  8. Create New Pool does not work on Storage Spaces

Create New Pool does not work on Storage Spaces: No matter what I try, the app "Storage Spaces" cannot create a new pool. I tried reconnecting and disconnecting my USB drives and nothing worked. Do you have any suggestions on how to RAID USB drives together as one? Thanks in advanced....
  9. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...
  10. Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10: How to: Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10 How to Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. You can create a simple, mirror (two-way or three-way), or parity storage space: Simple...