Windows 10: Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

Discus and support Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would really like to know who in their right mind decided to put in this "upgrade" into Windows 10. Every time I start my computer I get that stupid,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KlausMarshall, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

I would really like to know who in their right mind decided to put in this "upgrade" into Windows 10. Every time I start my computer I get that stupid, unproductive message that tells me to create a PIN.

I do not want this on my PC. Shame on Microsoft for forcing this down everyones throat.

Please tell me how to get rid of this!

:)

KlausMarshall, Nov 7, 2018

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Pin NY Times to Windows 10 Start

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to NY Times application?
    • How are you accessing NY times (Via online or via App)?
    • What exactly happens when you try to perform the above mentioned steps to pin application to Start?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about Pin applications to Start menu and check if it helps.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

1. Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create PIN upon

2. Having issues signing in with my PIN upon start-up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues signing in with my PIN upon start-up.: Recently it logged me in, the desktop had none of my apps or folders, and the background photo was set to default, and I had to restart to fix it. Do I need to uninstall/ reinstall the update? I then started to look at the logs and created a custom log to view criticals and...
  3. Having issues signing in with my PIN upon start-up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues signing in with my PIN upon start-up.: Recently it logged me in, the desktop had none of my apps or folders, and the background photo was set to default, and I had to restart to fix it. Do I need to uninstall/ reinstall the update? I then started to look at the logs and created a custom log to view criticals and...
  4. Script not found upon start up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Script not found upon start up Windows 10: I just reinstalled Windows on an HP laptop and now every time I start up I get a script error that the updatewin script cannot be found and it gives the path to the Roaming area where it is supposed to be. How can I fix this?Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up: I can't seem to open my settings app on my Windows 10. When I click "Settings" it only gets stuck on the loading screen see pic below, stays there for a few minutes, then crashes. I've tried making another user then opening Settings there, doesn't work. I've tried WSUS...
  6. Windows 10 freezes upon start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes upon start up: Hello! So the other day i decided to restart my pc because it was running slowly. But the reatart process took over 10 minutes, so i left the room to run errands. When i came back my pc was off and now when i try to start it freezes at the windows 10 logo with the spinning...
  7. Failing to create a pin upon windows 10 log in After update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Failing to create a pin upon windows 10 log in After update: I updated my PC from windows 10 version 1709 to version 2004 in order to get some programs which weren't compatible with that version working. Once the update had finished it asked me to log into my Microsoft account. once logged in it asks me to create a PIN for my PC but...
  8. Photos upon start-up

Photos upon start-up: When I start my computer I get these great pictures displayed on my monitor. I want to know where they were taken, what they are so I can go learn more about the place. Is there some way to find that out?...
  9. Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10: I would really like to know who in their right mind decided to put in this "upgrade" into Windows 10. Every time I start my computer I get that stupid, unproductive message that tells me to create a PIN. I do not want this on my PC. Shame on Microsoft for forcing this down...
  10. Windows 10 photos that automatically come up upon start up

Windows 10 photos that automatically come up upon start up: There is a particular picture I just LOVE (mountains, small lake, villages along the base of the mountains and around another lake (or other body of water). I think an aerial tram is also shown. Is there a listing of all pictures that I can choose from? I know that you...