Windows 10: Create a pin

Discus and support Create a pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone could help us regards my sons PC please, When we go through the login process, email address and password, it tells us to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamanthaYork3, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Create a pin

I was wondering if anyone could help us regards my sons PC please, When we go through the login process, email address and password, it tells us to create a pin.We click on "next" to do it but it says "something has gone wrong and we can't carry on". Even pressing "skip for now"We just end up going back to the screen with The login process again. Constantly going round in circles.

:)

SamanthaYork3, Aug 14, 2021

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 14, 2021
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Create a pin

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Create a pin

1. Create a pin - Similar Threads - Create pin

2. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behavior related to Create a Pin: Windows 10Today, when booted up, one of our computers presented us with a full screen message to create a new pin. The message screen looked somewhat like the picture in the article already here, but not exactly. I wasn't present for the whole process, so I can't swear to the...
  3. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behavior related to Create a Pin: Windows 10Today, when booted up, one of our computers presented us with a full screen message to create a new pin. The message screen looked somewhat like the picture in the article already here, but not exactly. I wasn't present for the whole process, so I can't swear to the...
  4. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot create a pin on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a pin on my laptop: Hey I need help with my proline laptop I cannot create a pin it got stuck and it doesn't show a way forward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-pin-on-my-laptop/0a288d9d-6ccd-40d5-aeeb-ab906fa678f1
  6. Cannot create a pin on my laptop

Cannot create a pin on my laptop: Hey I need help with my proline laptop I cannot create a pin it got stuck and it doesn't show a way forward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-pin-on-my-laptop/0a288d9d-6ccd-40d5-aeeb-ab906fa678f1
  7. Hey my proline laptop is stuck where I should create a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey my proline laptop is stuck where I should create a pin: Hey my proline laptop is stuck where I have to create a pin it doesn't show a way forward. Even when I connected it to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-my-proline-laptop-is-stuck-where-i-should/1f84c2ce-1806-40a0-a8a9-5d473b500a03
  8. Hey my proline laptop is stuck where I should create a pin

Hey my proline laptop is stuck where I should create a pin: Hey my proline laptop is stuck where I have to create a pin it doesn't show a way forward. Even when I connected it to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-my-proline-laptop-is-stuck-where-i-should/1f84c2ce-1806-40a0-a8a9-5d473b500a03
  9. Proline Pin create rotation

in Cortana
    Proline Pin create rotation: Greetings, I want to set up my new Proline laptop, outlook email and stuff created and verified; but I can't seem to get any further because after clicking the "create pin" it just keeps on rotating in search for something, but nothing happens; and it will stop and freeze,...
  10. How do I create a new pin with windows with microsoft10 it's asking me for my old pin I...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I create a new pin with windows with microsoft10 it's asking me for my old pin I...: How do I create a new pin when asked for my old pin which I didn't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-new-pin-with-windows-with/7b2eda8a-b35b-409e-a955-ff3985b78610