Windows 10: Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set

Discus and support Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a process that creates a scheduled task on the fly and that works great, however I can't find any documentation on how to change the logon Type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anthea Dimond, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set

We have a process that creates a scheduled task on the fly and that works great, however I can't find any documentation on how to change the logon Type from InteractiveToken to Password and how to store the password outside the task scheduler so the job will run if the user if logged in or not.

We create the XML code and submit that to the task scheduler but if the user logs out of the machine, its stopping the job.

:)

Anthea Dimond, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Mr Cheese Win User

Schedule task to log off any Logged On User

I am seeking to be able to run a task, or set policy, so that at say 8PM, any User that is logged on is forced to log Off.

I Have successfully done this using the command SHUTDOWN /l /f and creating a Task in task Scheduler.

But this will only work for 1 user that I configure it for, so I seem to have to create this task for every single user.

Is there a way I can achieve this so I can have a single setting that will work for any logged on user?

Mr Cheese, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Task scheduler

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What error message you're getting while using Task Scheduler?

Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with corrupted system files:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs. If the problem still persist, try to check the issue by creating other User Profile to see if problem still arises.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set

1. Create a Scheduled Task on the fly with User logged in or not set - Similar Threads - Create Scheduled Task

2. Task scheduler run as system and logged in user

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler run as system and logged in user: I have a script which must be run as system in task scheduler. But at the end should be runned an exe file in that script as logged in user withouth username and password. Is that possible? 182571
  3. Task Scheduler User Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler User Information: I am trying to schedule a job to run from a software program that reads data from a server. The job works when I manually run it as I am prompted to add my account information before running the task each time. The issue is that I cannot get the job to run on a scheduled...
  4. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a scheduled task for restore points: I've read and watched videos on how to create a monthly or three monthly Restore Point but cannot get past the following "you must enter a task name and at least one action" ... the videos that I've watched do not mention this. Can anyone point out to me how to do this?...
  5. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  6. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  7. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  8. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  9. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...