Windows 10: Create a second generic account

Discus and support Create a second generic account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have created an account on this pc, password protected at sign-in, for administrative/personal use. Now I want to create a second generic account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ventanasguy, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Create a second generic account

I have created an account on this pc, password protected at sign-in, for administrative/personal use.

Now I want to create a second generic account so others can use the pc, no password is necessary on that one.

I had this before in Windows 7, but I am stumped how to do it in Windows 10.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

:)

ventanasguy, Aug 8, 2015
  2. garywi Win User

How Create a Second Local Admin Account on a Windows 10

Thank you. I already know this process. When I create another new admin account and log in with it, I cannot see all my family photos under the other admin account profile.

I get a new profile with empty document, music and photo folders.

garywi, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    How Create a Second Local Admin Account on a Windows 10

Hi Gary,

Creating a second local account and getting the same access as your primary account is possible in Windows. To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps in this
    article in creating a local user or administrator
    account.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Joan Pin, Aug 8, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Create a second generic account

open Settings, go to Accounts, go to Family & other users, and click "Add someone else to this PC". A new window will appear to help set up the account. In this window, click "The person I want to add doesn't have an email address", click "Add a user without a Microsoft account", choose the username and leave the password field empty, then click "Finish".

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

5. That worked. Thanks!! I was able to create a second account that does not need a password.

Now, I am trying to figure out why the sign in screen is always presenting that second account when I restart the pc and not presenting both accounts so I can click on one or the other. It's like it's defaulting to the second account now.

ventanasguy, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Ok! I have to sign out ​of the account. All's well now. Thanks again.

ventanasguy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Create a second generic account

1. Create a second generic account - Similar Threads - Create second generic

2. I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...: I created a second Microsoft account some time ago and thought it had it had its own name and and email account. Discovered today it does not so I have spent last two days try to separate the accounts and it seems impossible. My brain is trying to keep it all straight but...
  3. I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...: I created a second Microsoft account some time ago and thought it had it had its own name and and email account. Discovered today it does not so I have spent last two days try to separate the accounts and it seems impossible. My brain is trying to keep it all straight but...
  4. I created a second account and made the second account Administrator. Now my files are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to create a second separate work and school account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a second separate work and school account?: I am working for 2 different companies. I have aready 1 work or school account for Company A. For getting a second work and school account set up, I select "Settings > Accounts > Access work or school" and see the work or school account for Company A. After clicking...
  6. How to create a second separate work and school account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a second separate work and school account?: I am working for 2 different companies. I have aready 1 work or school account for Company A. For getting a second work and school account set up, I select "Settings > Accounts > Access work or school" and see the work or school account for Company A. After clicking...
  7. Accidentally created a second account

Accidentally created a second account: I purchased a new laptop and accidentally set up a second Microsoft Account using my gmail email. I forgot that my account was set up with an old email from a couple years ago. Everything is registered or connected with that old account. Now the new account is frozen for 30...
  8. A second user account was created by itself.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A second user account was created by itself.: Hello, I have a very strange issue that I simply can not figure out. My system has only one user account which has full admin. I set up netplwiz to simply log into windows without any authentication needed (yeah, yeah, I know, but the computer remains at home in a locked...
  9. Creating a link to a folder with a generic username

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a link to a folder with a generic username: Hi there, apologies if this is obvious but I just can't seem to find the answer! I want to send a series of emails with a hyperlink to a folder but the link contains each person's username. e.g. if I send: C:\Users\simon\Autotask Workplace\Marketing\Audio When they...
  10. Windows second account created

Windows second account created: Hello, yesterday when I booted up my PC, Windows tried to login to an account that I didn't create as shown on the image above. I don't remember creating an account, the only thing I did was to remove the password from my main account by typing netplwiz on the run box. Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create a generic account