Windows 10: Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware

Discus and support Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There's no cure for the latest ransomware attack, but a researcher has discovered a way to prevent infection through the creation of a single Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware

Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware attack | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Jun 27, 2017
  2. bhringer Win User

Windows Defender Detection rate

AV Comparatives.Real-World Protection Tests February 2018

Real-World Protection Test - AV-Comparatives

AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Real World Protection Test Overview

AV-Test

The Best Security Packages for Windows 10

Stopping ransomware where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access

Stopping ransomware where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access

How to Protect Your Files From Ransomware With Windows Defender’s New “Controlled Folder Access”

https://www.howtogeek.com/329532/ho...h-windows-defenders-controlled-folder-access/

~

bhringer, Jun 27, 2017
  3. ransomware

Adding to
    Le Boule's
    comments...

The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infections is a

comprehensive approach
    to include prevention and your
    best defense is back up, back up, and more back up on a regular basis. When implementing a backup strategy
    include testing to ensure it works before an emergency arises; routinely check to verify backups are being made and stored properly; remove (disconnect) and isolate all backups from the network or home computer...if not, you risk ransomware
    infecting them when it strikes.

For more suggestions to protect yourself from ransomware infections, see my comments (Post #2) in this topic...Ransomware
    Avoidance
    ...it includes a list of prevention tools.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

At this point it is a matter of securing your inbound and outbound firewall ports and turning off insecure daemons (services).

Hydrate, Jun 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware - Similar Threads - Create single file

2. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  3. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ransomware Protection corrupted my files: After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the...
  4. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ransomware Protection corrupted my files: After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the...
  5. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  7. Protect yourself from Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protect yourself from Ransomware: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-controlled-folder-access-windows-10-fall-creators-update submitted by /u/wclinch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc4dp3/protect_yourself_from_ransomware/
  8. How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware

How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware: Windows 10 Build 19551 First, I received a How-To Geek email that linked me to this, which I read: Do You Need Anti-Ransomware Software for Your PC? Within the article was a link to this, which I also read and followed: How to Protect Your Files From Ransomware With...
  9. Protecting yourself from In-Browser Miners

Protecting yourself from In-Browser Miners: Miners are becoming an epidemic and in-browsing mining is only going to get worse. Therefore, it is important that all users protect themselves by installing antivirus software that detects when a browser connects to known mining services such as CoinHive. Unfortunately,...
  10. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...