Windows 10: Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is...

Discus and support Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is working properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JRJ1948, Mar 5, 2021.

1. JRJ1948 Win User

Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is...

Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is working properly.

:)

JRJ1948, Mar 5, 2021

2. cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Mar 5, 2021
  3. LeonJutz Win User
    CD/DVD not seeing disc

Thanks for the effort is helping to correct my problem.

Device manager say: Hardware is functioning properly.

Drivers says they are up to date.

In computer link says nothing is in CD/DVD, Asking to open and it says Put disc in when it is there... I don't hear or feel CD/DVD getting to speed. I tried all 3 steps suggested with no results, or changes.

LeonJutz, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is...

Trying to do a repair disc, have a question for you guys...

I'm just trying to create a system repair disc. If I could take a picture and show you what it says, I would, but I don't believe the forum let's you?

When I click on Create a system repair disc, this is exactly what pops up...

The system repair disc could not be created.
    Windows did not find a cd/DVD burner, if you do have a cd/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try again.

I click on my computer, says devices and drives and it has DVD drive (FCreate a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is... :)
    So I don't get it?

CrazZzy1Michele, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is...

1. Create a system repair disc cannot find the cd/dvd burner. The device manager says it is... - Similar Threads - Create system repair

2. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  5. Which CD/DVD should I use for creating the system repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which CD/DVD should I use for creating the system repair disc: Hi. I am having windows 10. So i have upgraded windows 10 4 days ago from Windows 8.1 . So i had backuped my data. So for restoring it is asking for creating system repair disc. So which cd should i use for this. And how much gb cd will it need. Please reply this message...
  6. CD/DVD Burner

CD/DVD Burner: I am trying to burn audio files to a CD and I get the following response - "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  7. Creating a system repair disc

Creating a system repair disc: I have deleted all files from a disc and then formatted it. However, when I try to create a system repair idsc, I get an error message that the disc is not blank and I must use a blank disc to create a system repair disc. why doesn't the format create a useable disc?...
  8. Creat A System Repair Disc

Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....
  9. CD/DVD burner problems

CD/DVD burner problems: Since downloading Windows 10 the burner on my desktop will not burn MP 4 files from Windows Media Player (there could be others) I have read where files from Windows Media Player will only burn if they are, WMA; MP3; JPEG; & WMV. Why is this, I have not had this problem...
  10. "The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive)

"The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive): Hello everyone, I returned an HP spectre x360 to BestBuy the other day because of some issues I was having with it but before doing so I created a Windows Image Backup (I went to File History and created a system image which included all the drives except for the one...