Windows 10: Create a wim or esd file with no volume image

Discus and support Create a wim or esd file with no volume image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hi Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, it is possible to create a wim or esd file with no volume image so that I can add them later? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by balubeto, Feb 26, 2016.

1. balubeto Win User

Create a wim or esd file with no volume image

Create a wim or esd file with no volume image [​IMG]
    Hi

Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, it is possible to create a wim or esd file with no volume image so that I can add them later?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Feb 26, 2016

2. BSOD power state failure

The MCT creates an ESD file Techbench and WIM.

Again we need to look at the new dump files.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 26, 2016
  3. Where is the Upgrade Program Script ISO?

Why does this all have to be so complicated? Why provide instructions and what seems like hundreds of unnecessary files with a download and leave out a file specifically mentioned?

I have a different problem. I need to do a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and can't get it to complete because a lack of a proper WIM file. I have an esd file instead and the instructions I have are to create an image that includes a WIM file and
    the instructions reference this file like I'm supposed to have it but I have no idea where to find it.

kevinfreels, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Create a wim or esd file with no volume image

1. Create a wim or esd file with no volume image - Similar Threads - Create wim esd

2. creating Win11 pro wim image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating Win11 pro wim image: would it be breaking MS license to install a fresh version of Win11 pro install apps, drivers and etc... Then repackage as wim file and install via a USB stick licensed with the oem key of the laptop....
  3. creating Win11 pro wim image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating Win11 pro wim image: would it be breaking MS license to install a fresh version of Win11 pro install apps, drivers and etc... Then repackage as wim file and install via a USB stick licensed with the oem key of the laptop....
  4. Create Wim image of a running system anyone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Wim image of a running system anyone: Hi folks Does anybody know how to make a WIM image of a running system -- the reason I'd like this is that I use a Win to Go on an external SSD at times - often want Windows in totally different languages also with a load of applications in different languages -- not always...
  5. .esd does work without .wim

.esd does work without .wim: Can use DISM for .ESD (windows is compressed) repair below without converting to .WIM: Run as admin & fix # of OS and letter of installation flash drive: ! Be sure to use the right Drive letter so likely replace the E. 1-insert OS flashdrive,2- copy 1st string to Word doc...
  6. Creating ISO file out of an ESD image -> too big to fit inside DVD, if converted to WIM;...

Creating ISO file out of an ESD image -> too big to fit inside DVD, if converted to WIM;...: Hello, I have downloaded the following file directly from Microsoft: 17763.379.190312-0539.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTBUSINESS_VOL_x64FRE_de-de.esd (3.3 GB in size) It contains almost all Windows 10 editions in ESD image format, Build 17763.379 stable. Then I...
  7. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  8. Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file

Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file: Hi I noticed that an encrypted esd file of Windows 10 always has the "Windows Setup Media", "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup" volume images. What are these volume images? What are their differences? Thanks Bye 20512
  9. Structure of an esd file which contains multiple volume images

Structure of an esd file which contains multiple volume images: Hi Someone could explain the structure of an esd file which contains multiple volume images? Thanks Bye 16732
  10. Extract a .WIM from an .ESD?

Extract a .WIM from an .ESD?: Hi guys, I'm trying to make a 10 Pro 10586 image with MDT 2013 Update 1 and I cannot use the ISO I got from the Media Creation Tool. I realized this is because the ISO now uses a install.esd instead of install.wim; I read that it is possible to extract the .wim from a ESD...