Windows 10: create a win10 local private network

Discus and support create a win10 local private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 win10 computers. I wish to have them on a private local network. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RayA39, Jan 16, 2019.

1. RayA39 Win User

create a win10 local private network

I have 3 win10 computers. I wish to have them on a private local network. How do I do that?

:)

RayA39, Jan 16, 2019

2. Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows HomeGroups and Xfinity Private Networks

Hi Gene,

Thank you for sharing the outcome when you followed the steps on how to create a HomeGroup. Please follow these steps to change the network profile to Private:

• Left click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right side of the screen, near the clock.
    • Left click on Properties below your network name.
    • Under Network profile, change it to Private.
    • Create a HomeGroup again.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Jan 16, 2019
  4. create a win10 local private network

Creating a local account in Win10 pro

How do I create a local account in Win10 Pro? I've created local accounts on my laptop with Win10 Home by
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Family & other users'.
    • 'Add someone else to this PC'

and then going through the account creation process, however my Win10 Pro doesn't have the option for Accounts'> 'Family & other users'. and I can't find a way of creating the account.

Oneeasygeezer, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

create a win10 local private network

1. create a win10 local private network - Similar Threads - create win10 local

2. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  3. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  4. Creating two networks Public/Private with one wifi router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating two networks Public/Private with one wifi router: Hi all. I want to create a wifi network where I can share across all of my private devices. Then, another wifi network that my guests can access for internet only. Do I need two routers for this? Or, are there some good routers out there to do that sort of thing? If you can...
  5. Creating a Private Network Shared Folder

Creating a Private Network Shared Folder: I am wondering how to create a private network folder. My organisation has some open to everyone on the network, but i am wanting to create a folder on the network where only certain people can see it. I am hoping to get this done ASAP preferably today. Thanks Pilot640 -...
  6. Possible to create a private identified network without a gateway?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to create a private identified network without a gateway?: I'm trying setup a point to point network (PC to PC) on a secondary interface. I would not this to be a private network and not have all the firewall/guest network policies. Is this possible? Can I name the network so it doesn't show as Unidentified?...
  7. Choosing NTFS permissions for shared drives on a local private network

Choosing NTFS permissions for shared drives on a local private network: I FINALLY figured out the solution to getting access to the shared drives on my desktop PC. I had to set the NTFS permissions to include "Everyone". But what if I don't wan't to allow everyone on the network access to these files, and only the user account on my laptop...
  8. Private Network

Private Network: Can I still browse the internet if I set my network status to Private? It is currently on Public. I have a second PC that I want to be able to share files and devices. I am assuming is that sharing on public network is more problematic from a security point of view...
  9. ethernet private network

ethernet private network: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-private-network/2a07eab8-c986-44af-8ddc-4f3739420e53
  10. Virtual Private Network

Virtual Private Network: Hi, Is there a way to determine if I have a VPN installed. I did not install one. Yet, I see these switches on: Settings > Network and internet > VPN Allow VPN connections over metered networks - on Allow VPN to connect while Roaming. - on I don't see any VPN...