Windows 10: Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error

Discus and support Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm am trying to fix my computer by installing a Windows 10 installation Media on my empty, more than 9GB USB. Everytime, it loads up to 100%, I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HANN_1818, Feb 5, 2019.

1. HANN_1818 Win User

Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error

I'm am trying to fix my computer by installing a Windows 10 installation Media on my empty, more than 9GB USB. Everytime, it loads up to 100%, I get an error. It says 0x80042405 - 0xA001A.

Help!

:)

HANN_1818, Feb 5, 2019

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Feb 5, 2019
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error - Similar Threads - Create installation Media

2. Error message while creating Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  3. Error message while creating Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  4. Create Windows 10 installation media from WinPE media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 installation media from WinPE media: I am currently running Linux on an older non-UEFI system, which recently had Windows 10 installed on it. Originally the PC had Windows 7 installed and was upgraded to 10. I am hoping to bypass the steps of recovering Windows 7 and upgrading, and instead install Windows 10...
  5. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: Hello, I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i am not able to run the installation media in the the window 7 .it tells me to restart and run it again but no change...
  6. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  7. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: would creating a installation media of windows 10 and installing windows 10 delete my- 1pre installed apps 2both graphic card-amd,intel 3microsoft office-powerpoint,word etc can it change my digitally activated and licensed windows 10 become unlicensed and unactivate...
  8. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media: I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error: "There was a problem...
  9. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...
  10. Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10: How to: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 [img] Information Installing Windows 10 is done in three phases: Boot from install media, run Windows Setup Configure hardware devices Windows Welcome (OOBE) In normal install, user interaction is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media creation tool error 0x80042405