Windows 10: create a windows 10 iso for reinstalling?

Discus and support create a windows 10 iso for reinstalling? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Notebook came with windows 8.1 and a hardware windows key. The notebook came with no dvd iso for reinstalling. Utilizing media creation tool I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dgg, May 23, 2020.

1. DGG
    dgg Win User

create a windows 10 iso for reinstalling?

Notebook came with windows 8.1 and a hardware windows
    key. The notebook came with no dvd iso for
    reinstalling. Utilizing media creation tool I have updated to windows

On windows 8.1 I made a dvd iso. But it did not work because the
    hardware key could not activate windows 8.1 when installed
    from the dvd iso. I had to utilize system image.

I have not tested a downloaded windows 10 iso on
    the notebook. I assume it will not work.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...d/windows10ISO
    Can I get a windows 10 dvd iso for reinstalling which
    the hardware windows 8.1 key will activate?
    Thank you.

:)

2. gasolin Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Why Gdallsk ?

It's just creators fall (i think) that has given me some problems.

Making a dvd or usb drive once every year isn't that hard, find latest iso burn it, go out and make a cup of coffee og take a bath and when your done latest windows 10 64 iso is on a usb drive or dvd and you can reinstall windows 10 64 bit in about 10 min

gasolin, May 23, 2020
  3. gdallsk Win User

Which is why he offered making a thumb drive with it on.

gdallsk, May 23, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Doesn't the *Backup feature have a iso like feature to allow apps to be added or removed? Other than that a reinstall of windows is best. Google Windows ISO Downloader and it has the latest version 1709

rk3066, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. create a windows 10 iso for reinstalling? - Similar Threads - create iso reinstalling

2. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  3. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  4. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. creating iso to install windows

creating iso to install windows: I am trying to create a Windows ISO file. I am using the windows media creation tool. I have a 500 GB SD card in order to download it onto. I have 25 GB free on my C: drive. I have directed the download to the SD card. After it downloads the OS and verifies it, it begins...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 from ISO image

Reinstalling Windows 10 from ISO image: If I reinstall windows from ISO image and retain my files AND APPS is this the same as a clean reinstall? Will all my windows settings including networking be reset. So many adjustments have been made trying to set up my home network it is a mess....
  7. WINDOWS 10 20H2 Reinstall from ISO

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 20H2 Reinstall from ISO: I have recently Reloaded WIN 10 from the 20H2 ISO since my WIN 10 wouldn't do MANY items.[Like B/Us, UDs, etc. NOW, New WIN 10 20H2 can't see itself, NOR can any other PC on the network see the New WIN 10 20H2 WHAT am I missing??...
  8. Reinstall / Repair Windows 10 with dvd created with the ISO file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstall / Repair Windows 10 with dvd created with the ISO file: Hello, I had the 0xc0000225 error code on my hp laptop and because the hp repair sector on my disk does not work either, I decided to create a disk with the ISO image available on you website. I inserted the disk and got the "Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD"...
  9. Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso

Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso: Hello, I'm a computer repairer, I am trying to convince more people to upgrade to Windows 10. So I'm trying to make a bootable Windows 10 iso for x86 based systems, I have an iso file I downloaded from microsoft that contains both x86 and x64 the iso file size is 6.75 GB...
  10. Creating a USB with Windows ISO

Creating a USB with Windows ISO: Need help creating a USB with Win 10 ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-usb-with-windows-iso/e15bd990-5861-4033-9416-05baf524176e