Windows 10: Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders

Discus and support Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a single admin account on my laptop. I want to create an identical account with no admin access which has exactly the same desktop, application... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Simon J Rogers, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders

I have a single admin account on my laptop. I want to create an identical account with no admin access which has exactly the same desktop, application data and access to apps. So, for example, I'd like to be able to login to the new account, open up Firefox and all my passwords, browser history, etc are already stored there.

Once this is set up, it doesn't need to sync - I'd just like a perfect copy initially.

I am comfortable editing registry entries and copying appdata around.

Any ideas?

:)

Simon J Rogers, Feb 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Can't access the Internet or create User Accounts, getting the error message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in".

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

To transfer the files to the new created account, I suggest you to disable built-in administrator account, login into the newly created account and follow the steps below.

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer
    • Select This PC from the left side panel of the window and open
      users folder located in the C: drive.
    • Locate and open old user profile folder in the users folder and transfer all the required files on to the newly created user profile folder.
    • Close the window and check if the files & folders are transferred to the current user profile.

Write to us for further assistance on the query, we will be happy to assist you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 1, 2021
  3. de123 Win User
    Windows 10 - Relocate the Users folder Part 2 -Creating Account Issue

I decided to leave your suggestion as a last resort (before re-installation). I have my AppData folder ~ 15 GB and also my user profile is placed on the bad sectors of the drive. It took me about 5 mins to login into my desktop with a lot of disk grinding. Anyway, I tried Clonezilla in a "rescue" mode (becasue of unreadable sectors) to clone my drive. I replaced the drive with the clone and It somehow worked quite well. I am able to login and within 2 secs I get usable desktop; even Cortana suddenly came alive again and my menu shows up full. I may still have to fix some minor glitches in my profile or AppData. But everything works well and my user accounts and Program Files (that allow themselves to be installed in any locations) sit happily on the second drive.
    Thank you Kari

de123, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Kari, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders

1. Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders - Similar Threads - Create Account Profile

2. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders: Hi toghether, my name is Matthias. I got a question about user profiels.we are creating a new AD structure for our company. We work with sensitive data that must be protected by law. Only some of the employees work with the sensitive data. Currently we have two domains. One...
  3. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders: Hi toghether, my name is Matthias. I got a question about user profiels.we are creating a new AD structure for our company. We work with sensitive data that must be protected by law. Only some of the employees work with the sensitive data. Currently we have two domains. One...
  4. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?: Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!...
  6. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?: Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!...
  7. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder...: When I use Folder Options to display the User Profile in the Navigation bar of File Explorer, why isn't the User Profile name exactly the same as my User Folder name on the C drive? The contents of User Profile and my User Folder on the C drive seem to be the same, and I...
  9. Windows 10 dual user profiles for same account

Windows 10 dual user profiles for same account: I have been researching this issue but none are quite similar, please read details. I am helping my Aunt with her Windows 10 computer - she lost her entire desktop icons and settings back around March 1st 2020. But when I dive in to figure out whats going on its not a so...
  10. Creating User Profile

Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8