Windows 10: Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

Discus and support Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Apparently, Windows 10 Home does not quite support Guest accounts. Yes, one can activate the internal Guest account with net user Guest /active:yes... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StephanP, Aug 8, 2015.

1. StephanP Win User

Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

Apparently, Windows 10 Home does not quite support Guest accounts.
    Yes, one can activate the internal Guest account with net user Guest /active:yes
    But then it does not show up in the log in screen, or it does show up, but nothing happens when you enter it.

Is there a way to create an alternative guest account?
    E.g.
    • Create a local account (not associated with an e-mail address or Microsoft account)
    • Somehow give it the characteristics that mimic the Guest account as we used to know it
      Note: W10 Home does not provide User Group Management
      • Advanced Registry tweaks?
      • PowerShell script?

:)

StephanP, Aug 8, 2015
  2. RJC_UK Win User

Is there a method to remove the Guest account label...

Hi Shawn - thanks for that - dod what I want!

In reply to others - nothing you have done - blame Mivrosoft?

W10 originally included a Guest account with the earlier additions - typically a very limited ccount with considerable restrictions, With the updates - Creators etc - they decided to remove such an account - hence you can see nothing in Accounts relatibg
    to it. However looks like 'someone' forgot to delete the Guest bit in the start menu area. I typically run 3 individual PC's @ home, all W10 Home and up to date and ALL 3 have Guest in the Start Menu area and all do not actually have a GUEST account etc.

Please note that most online stuff re 'Visitor' does not create a limited ability account as 'Guest' used to be. Also - as some of you fave found - 'Guest' in the W10 Start Menu alone is not really relevant to most things online.

RJC_UK, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Can I turn the guest account back on? How? Can't find the button!

The Guest Account function is "hidden" in the background.

You have three accounts with w10.

Default user (when you restart with W10)

hidden guest account

hidden admin account

thinkingal, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

1. Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home? - Similar Threads - Create alternative Guest

2. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?: Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? I think windows 10 is the worst OP, how do you think about? 167936
  3. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?: Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? I think windows 10 is the worst OP, how do you think about? 167936
  4. Creating a guest account without access to my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a guest account without access to my files: I need to make a "guest" account that doesn't have access to my main user's files. Whenever I make one like that I can easily go to "this computer" and access my original files from there. Is there any way to fix this? To sum it up, I need an ACTUAL guest account but windows...
  5. Creating a guest account

Creating a guest account: Hi there, Is there a recommended way to create a guest account in Windows 10? I have people over sometimes who use my computer and I don't want them to be able to access any of my personal files. I'm on Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900). Thanks! 160397
  6. how to create a guest account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create a guest account in windows 10: i want to create a guest account in windows 10. i would appreciate if you can show me the steps Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-guest-account-in-windows-10/596b74a4-707d-4d58-a285-abade8aa7fbf
  7. How to create a Guest account?

How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  8. Guest account

Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  9. Create guest or child account without internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create guest or child account without internet access: Hello, How can I create a guest or child account in Win 10 that does not have any internet access? Thanks, Nevermore1234 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-guest-or-child-account-without-internet/7243dffa-febc-40c9-b978-6c5c0f83591f
  10. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...