Windows 10: Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

Discus and support Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have repeatedly tried on many occasions to send photos to friends using the Mail and Calendar app but am stopped with a message 'Create an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HazGB, Aug 12, 2020.

1. HazGB Win User

Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

I have repeatedly tried on many occasions to send photos to friends using the Mail and Calendar app but am stopped with a message

'Create an Association in the Default Programs Control Panel'

I have really tried to manage this but have never yet been successful. I would really appreciate some clear, step-by-step advice about this. It has really caused me problems for a long time. I use Gmail in preference to Outlook and I am too immersed in Gmail communications to change over to Outlook.

Thank you

:)

HazGB, Aug 12, 2020

2. Create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel?

1. In the Control Panel Select : Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program.
    2. Wait for it to populate.
    3. Highlight the particular File or Protocol.
    4. Select : Change Program Tab.
    5. A Window opens in which one can select the Program to open it with.
    6. Initially it shows the Default Recommended Program it opens with.
    7. Next to Other Programs you will see a Small Black Down Arrow.
    8. Click on the small black down arrow to see what other Programs are available to try to open it with.
    9. If you see the one that you wish to open it with select it.
    10. If you do not see it you may have to use the Browse Tab and find the Program you wish to open it with.

( NOTE ) : In that window at the bottom right hand side you will see a small box with a check mark in it what states : Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

I would suggest to temporally remove the check mark whilst testing the File to make sure it opens in the Program that you wish it to open with.

If it works then go back and re-check that box.

Possibly some one else could explain this a little better and in short form.

Frank N St31n, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel?

How do I Create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel?

susanmatthyser, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

How do you create an association in Control Panel/Default Programs?

I wanted to e-mail a newspaper article. I got a warning that I needed to create an association in Control Panel/Default Programs

with my e-mail program. How is this done? I saw no how-to info in Control Panel/Default Programs. My e-mail program was not listed there,

DavidAllen_943, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

1. Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program - Similar Threads - Create Association Default

2. Creating association in the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating association in the default program: Hi, I am trying to email a video from a file by send to and I get message "No email associated to perform the requested action. Create an association in the default program, in control panel" I have looked but not quite sure what I am expected to do. I have Outlook installed...
  3. Create an association in the default programs control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create an association in the default programs control panel: I have a Win10 build 2004 that has a connection to a 2012R2 Terminal Server RemoteApp Connection. All office applications are ran from the terminal server. The Office suite is 2016 standard. The file associations had been working up to a point point unknown where...
  4. Associate a Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Associate a Program: I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I would like to use. when I installed Windows 10, I no longer get the menu. Instead I get a Message stating - "This file...
  5. associate a mail program

in Windows 10 Customization
    associate a mail program: Hello Trying to e-mail a photo on my desktop. I get an error message: This action cannot be performed. Associate a mail program with this type of file... How can I do that? If someone answers, where can I find the answer? My e-mail address is : *** Email address is...
  6. Associating a file type with a default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associating a file type with a default program: How can I change the association for a file type to an alternative application already installed? Using "control panel/default programs/assciate a file type or protocol with a program" dialogue always ends up showing the current default app plus the option of finding an...
  7. There is no email program associated

There is no email program associated: How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel." There is no Default Programs in the control...
  8. Windows 10 unable to change default program associations

Windows 10 unable to change default program associations: Running Version 1803 (17134.345) and I'm unable to change the default program associated with various file extensions. Basically I'd like to be able to use Notepad++ for a lot of text files, but no matter how many times I try to change it via Properties/Opens With or via...
  9. Default Program control panel.?

Default Program control panel.?: I cannot send a document by email. keeps telling there is no email program associated with? I have AOL, mail, etc.. how do I create an association in the Default Program control panel.? I have tried to follow instructions to no avail. Spent many hours on this...
  10. File Association to Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Association to Programs: Hello, Some programs on the pc were not installed with the installer - they are portable zip files, I unziped them into a folder, made a shortcut to the desktop and they work fine for me. They are not listed in the 'installed programs' list. I am trying to associate...