Windows 10: Create an association

Discus and support Create an association in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to send a video & I get a message that I have to create an association in the default programs control panel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Molly2983, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Molly2983 Win User

Create an association

Trying to send a video & I get a message that I have to create an association in the default programs control panel.

:)

Molly2983, Oct 7, 2019
  2. DavidA23 Win User

Links/associations not working

So, does no-one have suggestions or a solution to my problem?
    The problem occurs when I double-click on a folder or link: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel'.
    I can only open them by right-clicking on the item and select 'Open' which is third in the list. Above that is 'Search' and on the top is 'cmd' (where 'Open would normally appear).
    I've scoured the Net and tried several ways to cure this (including 'Default File Type Associations - Restore in Windows 10') but to no avail.
    Any suggestions most welcome.

DavidA23, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10  

Not sure why the suggested that there either since .zip is not listed by default. The easiest way is to use the "Open with" context menu to change the association for .zip.

Brink, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Create an association

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Create an association

1. Create an association - Similar Threads - Create association

2. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32: Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R runs the old notepad but Clicking on any text file bring up the new store notepad2. Uninstalled the UWP notepadClicking on any...
  3. Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled UWP notepad, but cannot create an association to the notepad.exe in system32: Upgrade to windows 11 caused problem on apps expecting the old notepad from window 10.1. Tried changing the execution alias for notepad. WINKEY + R runs the old notepad but Clicking on any text file bring up the new store notepad2. Uninstalled the UWP notepadClicking on any...
  4. Create Default File Association - Scripted Solution for W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Default File Association - Scripted Solution for W10: How can we create a default file association for a specific file type on a Windows 10 machine. This needs to be done either through registry entry manipulation or via Powershell. For reference looking to have all .zzz files be open automatically with Notepad.exe...
  5. Create Default File Association - Scripted Solution for W10

Create Default File Association - Scripted Solution for W10: How can we create a default file association for a specific file type on a Windows 10 machine. This needs to be done either through registry entry manipulation or via Powershell. For reference looking to have all .zzz files be open automatically with Notepad.exe...
  6. Create Default File Association - Scripted Solution for W10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page: Would someone please explain, in layman's terms, how to resolve this issue. I have come up against this message several times in the past and have NEVER managed to successfully set up an app. I have searched for answers on Youtube and, frankly, been totally terrified by the...
  8. Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page

Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page: Would someone please explain, in layman's terms, how to resolve this issue. I have come up against this message several times in the past and have NEVER managed to successfully set up an app. I have searched for answers on Youtube and, frankly, been totally terrified by the...
  9. Creating an Association for a file on the Default Apps Settings page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Creating association in the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating association in the default program: Hi, I am trying to email a video from a file by send to and I get message "No email associated to perform the requested action. Create an association in the default program, in control panel" I have looked but not quite sure what I am expected to do. I have Outlook installed...