Windows 10: create an email association

Discus and support create an email association in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to forward photos I downloaded of friends from Facebook, I right click and select "send to email recipient", then I get a message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kevin540, Aug 14, 2020.

1. kevin540 Win User

create an email association

When I try to forward photos I downloaded of friends from Facebook, I right click and select "send to email recipient", then I get a message saying "You need to create an email association" **** why doesn't the stupid pc use what I always use? It shouldn't be MY job and it seems that Windows might be deliberately creating business for online tech support entities who can make sense of such a message, because no "directions for humans" are provided anymore these days. Any ideas? Appreciate it. PS: I don't use "Outlook" and wont. Gmail is the only address I use. Also have a comcast addy that I never use either. But I don't think it matters, does it since nowhere do they tell you HOW to do this magical email "trick" / hack?

:)

kevin540, Aug 14, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

No email associates ?

eml :

create an email association [​IMG]

There is no MailTo protocol listed

create an email association [​IMG]

davidhk, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Yancyd66 Win User
    There is no email program associated

How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel."
    There is no Default Programs in the control panel, only Default Apps.
    In default apps my email, Outlook.com, is not listed.

Yancyd66, Aug 14, 2020
  4. create an email association

"There is no associated email program to perform the requested action,install an email program or,if one is already installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Hello,

I suggest you to create an ssociate in the default apps and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From left pane select Default apps.
    • Under Email choose a default app and check if this helps.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

create an email association

1. create an email association - Similar Threads - create email association

2. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  3. Email not associated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email not associated: Hello This is the first time I have been here so I apologise in advance. When I try to send a file from my desktop via email it tells me that "there is no email associated with this account" and I would be so grateful if someone could help me rectify this. I have a new...
  4. creating association to email document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating association to email document: Im trying to email a scanned document, and though I have email, I need to create an association in the default program for it to work. I don't know how to do that. Help Please?...
  5. create/ associate a windows account with work email

in Windows 10 Customization
    create/ associate a windows account with work email: So I have Matlab under a work license for my work email, so I was wondering if I could add that (organizational non hotmail) email to my microsoft/ personal computer account so I can use matlab from home at least I think thats the reason I can't seem to think of anything...
  6. Create an association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create an association: Trying to send a video & I get a message that I have to create an association in the default programs control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-an-association/4a7aa25c-5490-45cf-82af-abe18337a0a0
  7. There is no Email Associated

in Browsers and Email
    There is no Email Associated: How can solve this irritating error message? there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Jack 140584
  8. There is no Email Associated

in Windows 10 Support
    There is no Email Associated: How can solve this irritating error message? there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Jack 140584
  9. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?: A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your...
  10. No email associates ?

in Browsers and Email
    No email associates ?: Win 10 Home, 10586.318 Default browser : IE11 WLM 2012 I have been receiving this for a few weeks now. See screenshot at the end. Does anyone have a clue what is it about ? *** Other than the message, all my 2 email accounts are working as they should. *** I am...