Windows 10: create an update usb

Discus and support create an update usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update my pc to windows 10 with the installation tool. I have to use a USB due to not enough space on PC despite deleting everything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScarletBlue, Sep 8, 2018.

1. create an update usb

I'm trying to update my pc to windows 10 with the installation tool. I have to use a USB due to not enough space on PC despite deleting everything. When I select the create for another computer option it says I don't have enough room on C drive - there is no option to use a CD or USB.

:)

ScarletBlue, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

create an update usb nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 8, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

create an update usb

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

create an update usb

1. create an update usb - Similar Threads - create update usb

2. creating a recovery usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a recovery usb: Hi, I am trying to put a recovery of windows 10 to a new 32gb usb stick. I am running the latest version of windows. The desktop pc recognizes the usb but the recovery option does not, I just get the green progress bar going along the 'window'. I have tried disabling the anti...
  3. Creating a recovery usb

Creating a recovery usb: Hi there, I want to upgrade from windows 10 v1909 to v2004. So i decided to create a recovery drive so that i can clean install the os if my update fails. I have created a recovery usb drive using "create recovery drive" option in windows, when i was running in windows 10...
  4. Creating a USB install

Creating a USB install: 1. W10 2004 .ISO contains a file a .wim file? larger than 4GB. 2. 4GB is the limit for FAT32 files. 3. FAT32 is the only filesystem recognised by BIOS/UEFI boot. It seems that W10 2004 cannot be installed from an install USB. How do you install W10 2004 onto a new PC?...
  5. Create bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create bootable USB: Hi community, I'm creating a bootable usb by rufus. It give me 3 options: 1, Create with legacy BIOS or UEFI 2, Create with only UEFI 3, Create with only legacy BIOS Can someone explain to me these 3 options, and your recommendation option ? Thank you, have a good day !...
  6. Create image with USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create image with USB: I have an HP laptop with 6 gig of RAM and 1 gig hard drive. I use an external hard drive to create an image which uses about 58 gig of space. I would like to use a USB instead of the hard drive. Can I get a USB big enough to make an image and if so, about how much would it...
  7. Creating a Recovery Drive USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a Recovery Drive USB: I have recently updated to Version 1511 and thought I would try to create a recovery drive on a USB having been unsuccessful when trying in the earlier Windows 10. This time it seemed to be working with the system files box checked, though it seemed to take an age before the...
  8. Cannot Create Recovery USB

Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...
  9. create windows 10 update 1607 usb media

create windows 10 update 1607 usb media: Hi , I've got an Hp laptop ( energy star , year 2014 ) which prevents booting from Usb stick cause of Secure boot feature when burn the windows 10_1607.iso with Rufus or Microsoft USB/DVD tool . If I used mediacreationtool.exe the created by Microsoft Usb flash drive is...
  10. Create a WinPE USB or ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a WinPE USB or ISO: How to: Create a WinPE USB or ISO [img] Information Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) boot device belongs to every geeks toolbox. A quote from Wikipedia: WinPE was originally intended to be used only as a pre-installation platform for deploying Microsoft...