Windows 10: create application shortcut

Discus and support create application shortcut in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; trying to create desktop shortcut to a folder in the application list and have all applications work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarSev, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MarSev Win User

create application shortcut

trying to create desktop shortcut to a folder in the application list and have all applications work

:)

MarSev, Jan 21, 2019

2. Create Minecraft Shortcut application

I threw this application together quick because making Minecraft use more RAM is a PITA. Download, extract it, run it, and it will ask for everything it needs (generally, that would be the path to Minecraft and where you want the shortcut saved).

It auto-detects Java 32-bit and 64-bit and the amount of RAM installed and suggests Xmx and Xms values accordingly. It supports minecraft.jar, minecraft_server.jar, Minecraft.exe, and Minecraft_Server.exe.

Note: You can use it on any file to be launched by Java by using the "All Files" filter, not just Minecraft.

Once you got the shortcut, you can safely delete CreateMinecraftShortcut.exe--it is no longer needed.

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile (Windows only).

It uses ShellLink code by Mattias Sjogren (Copyright 2002).

Spoiler: Version History 1.0.0 - Console User Interface
    2.0.0 - Graphic User Interface
    2.0.1 - Corrected a bug with an icon that caused the program to crash on start on some operating systems (noticed it on Server 2003).

FordGT90Concept, Jan 21, 2019
  3. How does one create shortcuts to start applications?

Hello Michel,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

• What happens when you right-click on an app in Start?
    You can create keyboard shortcuts to quickly open the desktop apps you use most often.

Keyboard shortcuts are key combinations that let you complete tasks in Windows that might otherwise take many steps.

Let us follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to
    create a keyboard shortcut
    for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-8/create-keyboard-shortcuts-to-open-apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Also, see: Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Hope it helps.

Feel free to post if you have any further query on Windows.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 21, 2019
  4. create application shortcut

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Hmm, I just tried it and it worked fine. Maybe try running the batch as administrator? Also, right click on the desktop after the shortcut is created and click Refresh.

If the file in the third parameter doesn't exist, it assumes the icon is in the application.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

create application shortcut

1. create application shortcut - Similar Threads - create application shortcut

2. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  3. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  4. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  6. Is there a way to locate all instances of created shortcuts to an application?

Is there a way to locate all instances of created shortcuts to an application?: For whatever reason, W10 has been making it difficult for me to open Calculator through assigned keyboard shortcuts. I created a shortcut to it on my desktop, then one in a toolbar folder on the task bar and I think I may have created a few other instances in random places...
  7. Create shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create shortcut: Dell Inspiron 15 3505 laptop with WIndows 10 Build 19042.685 Today I have added Foobar2000, via Microsoft Store, to the laptop. I am having difficulty finding how to create a shortcut on for Foobar2000. I cannot find the exe either; I would use this to create a shortcut if...
  8. create shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    create shortcuts: How do I create a shortcut easily as was done in earlier programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts/31eee41e-7dfe-4726-bff4-c5ea4af40c28
  9. Create my own shortcut of shortcuts

Create my own shortcut of shortcuts: Hi! Due COVID-19 I am working remote right now and I'm using Remote Desktop Connection app. My problem is that sometimes I want to change fast between the PC from my job and my personal. I am doing that using CTRL + ALT + HOME and WIN + D which is pretty annoying for me. I...
  10. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shelllink mattias sjogren