Windows 10: create/ associate a windows account with work email

Discus and support create/ associate a windows account with work email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have Matlab under a work license for my work email, so I was wondering if I could add that (organizational non hotmail) email to my microsoft/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob_334, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bob_334 Win User

create/ associate a windows account with work email

So I have Matlab under a work license for my work email, so I was wondering if I could add that (organizational non hotmail) email to my microsoft/ personal computer account so I can use matlab from home
    at least I think thats the reason I can't seem to think of anything else.

windows won't let me associate a non hotmail email with my current microsoft account though

:)

Bob_334, Dec 3, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 3, 2019
  3. crawfish Win User
    Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your Info" on the account.microsoft.com/profile web site, I see only the new email address in the "Profile" tab. I click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," and it's the only Account Alias listed. Great, right?

However, back on the "Your Info" page, there is the enigmatic "Contact info" link to the right of "Profile." I click on it, and my original email address is the only email under "These email addresses are associated with your Microsoft account, including the best place to reach you, and how you sign in." In particular, the primary alias is nowhere to be found. There's no way to change it, as "Manage this email address" takes me back to "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," where the new email address is the only Account Alias listed, as I mentioned above. When I click on "Change sign-in preferences," only my new email address is listed, it's grayed out, and the only button on the page is Cancel.

So this "Contact info" part of Microsoft is fixated on my original email address, and I can't change it. I don't know what it's used for, and I don't monitor it anymore, so it's a problem.

Any ideas?

crawfish, Dec 3, 2019
  4. jacouh Win User

How can I change the email associated with my Windows 10 account?

For the last version of Windows 10, I've tried in many ways to dissociate my admin account with a bad Microsoft email account, but failed. Finally, I succeeded by deletion/recreation of the admin account, say goodadmin:

Before proceeding, please make a backup of personnal data for the admin user account goodadmin.

Following are detailed steps:

1. Log in as current administrator account, named goodadmin.
    2. Settings/Accounts, add a new temporary admin account, named for instance tempadmin.
    3. Log out from goodadmin session.
    4. Log in with tempadmin/password.
    5. Settings/Accounts, delete the old administrator account goodadmin. Danger,
      this will delete all data for goodadmin account, documents, music, downloads...
    6. Restart Computer and log in with tempadmin/password.
    7. Settings/Accounts, create a new admin account named goodadmin, just as the original name used as you install your Windows 10.
    8. Restart computer and log in with goodadmin/password.
    9. Settings/Accounts, delete the administrator user account tempadmin temporary created.
    10. Restart computer, log in with goodadmin/password.

You now restored your original system, without the bad email associated with goodadmin account.

With this method, I've gotten rid of the family security setting constraints for my good admin account, imposed to the bad email account of a child hours control.

jacouh, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. create/ associate a windows account with work email - Similar Threads - create associate account

2. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  3. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  4. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change email associated with Microsoft account

Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  6. Change email associated with Microsoft account

Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  7. create an email association

create an email association: When I try to forward photos I downloaded of friends from Facebook, I right click and select "send to email recipient", then I get a message saying "You need to create an email association" **** why doesn't the stupid pc use what I always use? It shouldn't be MY job and it...
  8. creating association to email document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating association to email document: Im trying to email a scanned document, and though I have email, I need to create an association in the default program for it to work. I don't know how to do that. Help Please?...
  9. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?: A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your...
  10. Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account: I repeatedly receive a login request when trying to access shared files or my OneNote account that tells me I have two accounts with the same email address: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use? Work or...