Windows 10: create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings

Discus and support create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, i'm looking for the best way to create an easy image of the installation of windows after i set up all my necessary apps, so if something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meerjungfrauman, May 17, 2020.

1. create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings

Hi guys,

i'm looking for the best way to create an easy image of the installation of windows after i set up all my necessary apps, so if something crashes badly, i dont have to reinstall everything.

I remember back in the day i was using some DOS app called EZ drive or something like that, where i used to copy images of partitions, im looking for something similar to that. i want to be able "go back in time" if i fvck up some installation or whatever.

Does anybody have a recommendation for that kind of stuff?

submitted by /u/meerjungfrauman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meerjungfrauman, May 17, 2020
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Win10 prevents 3rd party backup programs from creating a bootable iso

Win10 prevents 3rd party backup programs from creating a bootable iso.

Aomei backupper pro, creating linux boot media gets stuck at 99% complete, another

win10 mess with linux on vm from the store !!!!!!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

kjl1956, May 17, 2020
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    3rd party antivirus/firewall and win10

Antivirus; the attempt by Microsoft to remove (uninstall) or limit 3rd party antivirus and firewalls is truly overreach.

This action is purely designed to make the win10 systems allow Microsoft products and setting not be blocked by other software.

Automatically turning on the built in defender and windows firewall before a 3rd party product has finished updating, being completely uninstalled or temporally paused should not invoke win10 to restart its built in products, but it does infract do this.

This is true for any pc that has any win10 files including the get win10 gwx program in win7 and 8.1.

This corrupts the installation of 3rd party product's so as to not allow the program to use its full capacity, there by making the system venerable.

The only option is to have to uninstall the 3rd party software and reinstall, this can be a real pain to reconfigure on every win10 updates build.

I can only think that this is also why Microsoft is making it difficult to use any other system protection but its own.

A big step in the wrong direction.

kjl1956, May 17, 2020
  4. create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings

3rd party backup/restore solution

Hello,

I've looked all over the internet for a 3rd party backup and restore solution for my N95-2 8GB. I have tried both the Content copier in PC Suite and the backup application built into the phone but in both cases most of my 3rd party apps do not restore at all
    when using these. I wondered if 3rd party developers might be able to build a more adequate backup solution because this was the case with the Palm platform?

bill789---01, May 17, 2020
Thema:

create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings

1. create backup of Win10 installation with 3rd party apps and settings - Similar Threads - create backup Win10

2. Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps: I am trying to install 3rd party apps to Windows 11 Enterprise machine, i am an admin, and there are few machines in the enterprise environment which are facing this issue. I my research came across the S mode, but I believe S Mode is not there in Windows 11 Enterprise. This...
  3. Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps: I am trying to install 3rd party apps to Windows 11 Enterprise machine, i am an admin, and there are few machines in the enterprise environment which are facing this issue. I my research came across the S mode, but I believe S Mode is not there in Windows 11 Enterprise. This...
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  5. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system?: Hello everyone. I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. Two hard disks: one for the OS and one for the data. I had created an image of C on my second hard disk, using the incorporated Windows 7 image backup service. To my experience, the Windows 7 image backup, incorporated...
  8. Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows: I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC...
  9. Problem installing some 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing some 3rd party apps: Hello, I've noticed this problem several months ago: using my main user account that has administrator privileges, I cannot install some 3rd party apps. When I run the installer app (even when running it under "run as administrator") nothing happens or if the installer pops...
  10. installation problem of 3rd party app despite all settings are done

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installation problem of 3rd party app despite all settings are done: i have downloaded some 3rd party apps and allowed their installation from settings . when i click on downloaded file i am asked open with i have a app installer in my pc but it doesnot comes in option and then i go to more apps option and still dont find it or any other...