Windows 10: Create backup (Windows 10)?

Discus and support Create backup (Windows 10)? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; For some time now, my PC (Windows10) has had enormous problems with booting and loading various programs. It can take 2 hours or more until Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Frdavid05, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Frdavid05 Win User

Create backup (Windows 10)?

For some time now, my PC (Windows10) has had enormous problems with booting and loading various programs. It can take 2 hours or more until Windows starts. So I made some virus scans and checked my hard disk (western digital) (HDD) with different tools. With all tools either the scan was aborted, or errors were displayed. With the command /sfc scannow I was also shown damaged files that could not be repaired. Now I want to save a backup of the most important data on an external hard disk or SSD and completely reinstall Windows 10. But now I have the worry to load the damaged files on the external hard disk. Does anyone know how I can fiddle and delete the damaged files, or does anyone know of other solutions? PS: My desktop PC is already several years old... (5-7 years)

TIA

:)

Frdavid05, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Create backup (Windows 10)? :p

de.das.dude, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Create backup (Windows 10)?

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Create backup (Windows 10)?

1. Create backup (Windows 10)? - Similar Threads - Create backup

2. Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...: Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option in one of my partition drives in Windows 11. Please tell me how can I delete it?...
  3. Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option...: Hi, I accidentally created a backup of my laptop from "Backup & restore Windows 7" option in one of my partition drives in Windows 11. Please tell me how can I delete it?...
  4. Need to create system backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to create system backup to external hard drive: I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need to create a system backup including all apps, documents, photos, video etc. How do I that to an external drive?...
  5. Need to create system backup to external hard drive

Need to create system backup to external hard drive: I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need to create a system backup including all apps, documents, photos, video etc. How do I that to an external drive?...
  6. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  7. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  8. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  9. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  10. Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive

Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive: I work on a laptop with 2 m.2 drives, one is primarily for work/systems and the other is for games as they are big. My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result, I...