Windows 10: create backup windows 10

Discus and support create backup windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; hi Is it enough to make image from windows location (c: ) Or is necessary to make image from 100 mb windows hidden drive in addition? i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by alireza01, Nov 12, 2015.

1. alireza01 Win User

create backup windows 10

hi
    Is it enough to make image from windows location (c: ) Or is necessary to make image from 100 mb windows hidden drive in addition?
    i want to create an image from my laptop to recover windows when it's corrupt.
    Thank you

:)

alireza01, Nov 12, 2015

2. Creating a Backup in Windows 10

Hello all, I have created a step by step guide on how to create a backup in Windows 10 and would like to share it here to get your feedback on it. Did you find it helpful? Was is clear and easy to understand? Is there anything that is not clear? Thanks for
    your time and I hope you find this guide useful.

Microsoft Word Document Windows 10 Backup Creation

startgame412, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Will Windows 10 have the same backup routine that Windows 7 Pro has? Once I'm sure that the upgrade to Windows 10 is working OK can I erase my backup drive and create new backup and system image?

Will Windows 10 have the same backup routine that Windows 7 Pro has? Once I'm sure that the upgrade to Windows 10 is working OK can I erase my backup drive and create new backup and system image? Will this create a brand new restore point?

DanCahalane, Nov 12, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

create backup windows 10

We would need a screenshot of your disk management window to be sure. There is usually a small partition that contains boot files in addition to the large OS partition that must be backed up in order for a full restore to be possible.

NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2015
  5. alireza01 Win User
    Yes, my question is: is it necessary to create backup from this small partition in addition to the large os partition (c: )?

alireza01, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Novak3d Win User
    Hi Alireza01,

You can create a full image of Windows using the command below in CMD or PowerShell.

wbAdmin start backup -backupTarget:E: -include:C: -allCritical -quiet

E reffers to your external HDD, could be a different drive-letter.

Novak3d, Nov 12, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    And we can't answer that until we get a clue as to what that small partition is being used for, which a screenshot of disk management would give us.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

create backup windows 10

1. create backup windows 10 - Similar Threads - create backup

2. Need to create system backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to create system backup to external hard drive: I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need to create a system backup including all apps, documents, photos, video etc. How do I that to an external drive?...
  3. Need to create system backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to create system backup to external hard drive: I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need to create a system backup including all apps, documents, photos, video etc. How do I that to an external drive?...
  4. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  5. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  6. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  7. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  8. Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive: I work on a laptop with 2 m.2 drives, one is primarily for work/systems and the other is for games as they are big. My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result, I...
  9. Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive

Problems with creating backup on Windows 11 of just one drive: I work on a laptop with 2 m.2 drives, one is primarily for work/systems and the other is for games as they are big. My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result, I...
  10. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...