Windows 10: Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

Discus and support Create bitlocker key on a flash drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I am locked out of my Surface Pro 3 which requires the bitlocker key. I have the key but the blue screen asks for the key on a USB flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

Create bitlocker key on a flash drive? [​IMG]

I am locked out of my Surface Pro 3 which requires the bitlocker key.

I have the key but the blue screen asks for the key on a USB flash drive. It says to hit Esc or the Windows key for more options but nothing responds if I do that.

I don't have it on a flash drive so I am wondering if there is any way to create one using my laptop. Or is my Surface now a brick?

:)

rafikiphoto, Jul 21, 2018

2. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Jul 21, 2018
  3. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

Xylee Del, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

1. Create bitlocker key on a flash drive? - Similar Threads - Create bitlocker key

2. Bitlocker trashed flash drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker trashed flash drives?: Hi Today I encrypted two small USB flash drives on a Windows 10 computer. Both those drives seem to have been trashed by the process. If I plug one in, an error window pops up saying to insert the drive, in this case d and e. But obviously they are already inserted. In disk...
  3. Bitlocker trashed flash drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker trashed flash drives?: Hi Today I encrypted two small USB flash drives on a Windows 10 computer. Both those drives seem to have been trashed by the process. If I plug one in, an error window pops up saying to insert the drive, in this case d and e. But obviously they are already inserted. In disk...
  4. Bitlocker trashed flash drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  6. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive: I've followed the blog about issues creating a recovery drive in Win10. I've had a flash drive plugged in for two days trying to create a recovery drive. The progress indicator green is half way through. What's the deal??? Can't you make a better product! Please advise on...
  7. Bitlocker on USB flash drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on USB flash drive: I have a 256GB USB Micro flash drive that I have plugged into my laptop Microsoft Laptop 3 running Windows 10 Professional. While I was working today it got locked by BitLocker somehow. I have used this drive for months and it's never been a problem nor did I ever used...
  8. Bitlocker on USB flash drives

Bitlocker on USB flash drives: I read through the below tutorial on how to encrypt USB removable data drives. Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10 However, I just wanted to know if it would be best practice to add the data BEFORE or AFTER encrypting a USB removable drive using...
  9. USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker

USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker: I tried to use bitlocker on a USB Flash drive and about half way through we had a power bump and my PC restarted. Now I can't access the drive. I tried to use bitlocker again but right clicking does not offer bitlocker any more. Is the drive toast or can I retrieve the data I...
  10. Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?: [img] I am locked out of my Surface Pro 3 which requires the bitlocker key. I do have the key but the blue screen asks for it on a USB flash drive. It says to hit Esc or the Windows key for more options but nothing responds if I do that. I don't have it on a flash drive...