Windows 10: Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

Discus and support Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10? HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MeAndMyComputer, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10?

HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 320 GB HDD. 4/8 GB RAM
    I recently revitalized my friends HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 4 GB RAM and it's running very well. I 'm wondering about creating both a USB recovery drive and a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 per
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials .
    Is that overkill?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 3, 2017

2. Error Creating a recovery drive for Windows 10

Instead of recovery drive, I suggest creating a bootable USB that serves both of Recovery drive and Installation media.

Option 1 should do this for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-create...

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 3, 2017
  3. USB Rcovery

Hi,

• After Windows 10 installation, On next to create a bootable recovery drive using USB drive without other software. 16 GB USB Drive
      is enough.
    • If you take bootable recovery for after software installation such as office, Antivirus, etc.,
      32 GB or more than is much needed.
    Creating a recovery drive will erase anything already stored on your USB flash drive. Use an empty USB flash drive or make sure to transfer any important data from your USB flash drive to another storage device before using it to create a USB recovery drive.

VinOth_VingO, Aug 3, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

Flash drives are cheaper than Starbucks coffee and take up less space in a desk drawer.

NavyLCDR, Aug 3, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    My opinion? It's never overkill to have as many options available as possible for use. If you never need one all is good.

Berton, Aug 3, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Agreed. I have Macrium Images, Windows recovery drives, Macrium recovery drives, Kyhi recovery drives and W10 ISOs. All come in handy at some point, depending on what I need to do. *Wink

simrick, Aug 3, 2017
  7. Hey thanks everyone: I do that on my own computer.
    Simrick, I also have Macrium images & recovery drives as well as the Win10 USB recovery drive and bootable flash drive available.
    --- And renew them on major updates such as when I went from 1607 to 1703 and will do the fall update.
    I guess my issue is I wish the people I help would willingly accept the same thought pattern but I have to let it go.

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 3, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

You're not the only one! *Wink

simrick, Aug 3, 2017
  9. Things do "go bump in the night". Better to have them and not need them than the reverse of that.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill? - Similar Threads - Create both USB

2. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  3. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  4. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  6. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  7. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  8. Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive: Hi All, Ive decided to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive instead of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 media. Im just going to use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso image and diskpart to prepare the flash drive. Are the following...
  9. Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...

Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...: I have followed instructions to create my own Windows 10 To Go flash drive. I have two suitable USB 3.0 flash drives: Corsair Voyager GTX and Super Talent RC4, both 128 GB versions. The Corsair Voyager GTX is not a certified Windows To Go drive, whereas the Super Talent...
  10. Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?

Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?: Hi, If your USB flash drive has data on it or maybe an earlier version of the Windows 10 installation media for example. Do you have to format the USB flash drive manually in windows (right click and format) before using the Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows...