Windows 10: Create Completely Separate User

Discus and support Create Completely Separate User in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps, or anything with the first account. Is there a way to partition my drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CmdrLingiuni, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Create Completely Separate User

I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps, or anything with the first account. Is there a way to partition my drives in such a way? I want to have a fresh install of steam and use separate files from my main user so when I use mods for games both accounts won't get banned. Any help?

submitted by /u/CmdrLingiuni
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CmdrLingiuni, Jul 11, 2020
  2. DiegoTrd Win User

Creating to completely separate users in Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

Is there a way to create to completely separate users in Windows 10 Pro? Or what would be the closest to this, in terms of sharing the least amount of things, for example the apps installed, files stored, etc?

Thanks

Diego

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

DiegoTrd, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Creating to completely separate users in Windows 10 Pro

Hi Diego,

It is possible to create multiple user profiles in Windows 10 Pro. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to verify the following:

• Are you trying to create another user profile with the same capability as with your current user profile (Administrator access)?
    • Do you want to share the files and programs that are available on your current user profile to the user profile you'll be creating?

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 11, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Create Completely Separate User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Create Completely Separate User :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Create Completely Separate User

1. Create Completely Separate User - Similar Threads - Create Completely Separate

2. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  3. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  4. Separate User Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate User Settings: I have a Dell PC running Windows 10. There are two people in our home using the computer. How do I set it up so that we each have different settings? I tried creating an administrative user account and two standard users, but when one of the standard users changes their...
  5. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  6. Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC?

Is there a way to create separate desktops for different users of the same PC?: Is there a way to use separate desktops on different accounts pn the same PC without sharing filesand applications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-create-separate-desktops-for/cf80308a-e397-4645-ac7c-7bf286d98962
  7. Creating Separate Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating Separate Folder: Hello i just wanna ask a small help. i just need to make a backup everyday automatically and created separate folders with the date so it wont overwrite the previous backup. ex. 09292019 -backup file 1 09302019 - backup file 2 10012019 - backup file 3 above example are the...
  8. Separate user accounts

Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  9. How do I create a completely separate user account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a completely separate user account?: I have a main account that I use day to day for work and general use, however I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps or anything with the first account. This is because i want my second account for only games and my first one for only work...
  10. Complete separate user account? Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Complete separate user account? Win 10: I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed. Another example being that I have family photos of my...