Windows 10: Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click

Discus and support Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I right-click and go to New, I don't get the Create Compressed File Folder option anymore. It disappeared after installing a trial of WinZip. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShashwataKayum, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click

When I right-click and go to New, I don't get the Create Compressed File Folder option anymore. It disappeared after installing a trial of WinZip. I uninstalled Winzip thinking it would return, but it didn't. I tried this command from the Command Prompt, assoc .zip=CompressedFolder but that didn't do anything. I can still open zip files and I can do Send to, but I can't create. How can I restore that functionality?

:)

ShashwataKayum, Sep 14, 2021

2. Create Compressed File Option Missing

Hello ZORROGIRL,

To restore this option

Open the Run Command box pressing Windows+R keys and type %systemdrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo in the command box and click OK.

Now copy the Compressed (zipped) folder from this folder.

If you cannot find the file in this folder then you need to download the Compressed folder.zip file manually.

After obtaining the Compressed(zipped)folder , open the Run command box by pressing Windows+R keys and type theshell:sendto command in the command box and click OK.

Paste the previously copied Compressed (zipped) folder in this folder.

You can right click on any file and select the Send to menu and you will find the Compressed (zipped) folder option. Now you can create Compressed (zipped) folders.

Hope it helps, have a good day

ManuelCapiro, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Zorrogirl Win User
    Create Compressed File Option Missing

Thanks for the reply, but the problem isn't the Send To, that is working fine. Compressed Folder appears under that menu. It is when you click on New and there is no option anymore for Create Compressed Folder. Sure, I could do the Send To and then
    rename the folder it automatically creates, but I'd prefer to have the old Create Compressed Folder option back where it's just like creating a regular folder where you choose the name up front then move files to it later. I hope that clarifies.

Zorrogirl, Sep 14, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click

Create Compressed File Option Missing

I stand corrected. I had WinRAR installed, and mine was showing an option to create a new compressed folder using WinRAR. Just for fun, I uninstalled it and sure, enough, the option to create a new compressed folder was there. Have a look at the options

here
    for restoring or adding the option.

JimWynne, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click

1. Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click - Similar Threads - Create Compressed File

2. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  3. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  4. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  5. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  6. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  7. Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu: Not sure if it has something to do with the update this week but for some reason, I am unable to access my folders via programs such as paint, upload videos or pictures via facebook, youtube, discord, or even this site. There is also the problem with blank options or no...
  8. "Text File" missing from explorer right click context

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Text File" missing from explorer right click context: When I right click somewhere in explorer or desktop, New Text File is missing. I searched for this problem and it seems like the registry responsible for this is present, so I don't know what is left to do....
  9. No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop: The title pretty much sums up the problem. When I right click on my desktop and select 'New' the only option is to create a new folder and there is no longer an option to create a shortcut. Also if I create the shortcut elsewhere and move it to the Desktop the shortcut...
  10. task manager right click "restart" option missing

in Windows 10 Support
    task manager right click "restart" option missing: Ill be the first to admit my windows install is far from default. Ive tweaked this or that with winaero tweaker and registry entries to pare down the context menu etc. I often need to restart explorer by right clicking the process in the task manager and the option seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see the option to compress file