Windows 10: Create custom icon when Change Icon is greyed out

Discus and support Create custom icon when Change Icon is greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there anyway to force a custom icon for a program when the Change Icon option in Explorer is greyed out? I have tried creating shortcuts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sam_78542, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Sam_78542 Win User

Create custom icon when Change Icon is greyed out

Is there anyway to force a custom icon for a program when the Change Icon option in Explorer is greyed out? I have tried creating shortcuts and changing that icon with no success.

A program I use keeps the same icon for different versions of the program - and I need to run multiple versions of the program for different things at the same time, and am constantly getting them confused. I'd like to assign my own icon so I can tell different programs apart at a glance.

Is this possible if the option doesn't show in Explorer?

:)

Sam_78542, Dec 12, 2018

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Dec 12, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Create custom icon when Change Icon is greyed out - Similar Threads - Create custom icon

2. Battery icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  3. Battery icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  4. greyed out batter icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out batter icon: My battery icon always disappear on my task bar. I checked on the settings to turn it on but it is already on. However the icon is missing and greyed out what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-batter-icon/2f1d00e7-7af8-49a6-ae39-3f9533a30f61
  5. greyed out batter icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    greyed out batter icon: My battery icon always disappear on my task bar. I checked on the settings to turn it on but it is already on. However the icon is missing and greyed out what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-batter-icon/2f1d00e7-7af8-49a6-ae39-3f9533a30f61
  6. battery icon greyed out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery icon greyed out!: I want the battery icon active in my task bar but it always disappear once in a while and comeback. I tried checking settings to make sure it is on, but it is already on. Everytime it went missing, and I check the settings, it will no longer available and greyed out. How to...
  7. Greyed out battery icon

Greyed out battery icon: I want the battery icon active in the taskbar but it always disappear once in a while. I go to setting and try to turned it on, but it is already on. But when the icon is missing it will turned grey and no longer accessible. What to do?...
  8. Power Icon greyed out

Power Icon greyed out: Im running windows 10 home - version 1803 (updated earlier this month) and cant seem to get the power icon displaying so I can check my battery status. Ive gone to Settings, Personalization but the only icon that is greyed out is the one I want - why is it greyed out?...
  9. Power icon and music icon greyed out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power icon and music icon greyed out?: So for about a week my laptop decided that it would remove the music and power icon from the task-bar so, I went into notifications settings to turn it back on but the icons were grayed out. So i went to the inter-webs to find guides but none worked. One guide however did...
  10. System icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons greyed out: My system icons icons are greyed out, like Volume and Power, so I can not enable them. After setup they work just fine, then they disappear. It is either caused by my settings or: I wonder, when custom power and sound card drivers gets installed, they get lost? *Huh SFC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how change icon on program when change icon is greyed out

2. customize icon solidedge greyed out