Windows 10: Create custom tiles

Discus and support Create custom tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links? Thanks, Bill 42854 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by W2BLC, Mar 3, 2016.

1. W2BLC Win User

Create custom tiles

How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links?

Thanks,

Bill

:)

W2BLC, Mar 3, 2016
  2. cchip98 Win User

Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro (August 7th 2015) and have been creating tiles for the start menu. When I first opened the start menu I removed all of the default live tiles so I could make my own custom tiles, I successfully
    created custom tiles linked to a custom library.

However, I have now decided I wish to remove this tile and am unable to do so, when I select unpin from start menu the item does not remove whatsoever. When I created the tile I did so in the following manner:

1. Created a shortcut to the library on my desktop

2. Right clicked, and selected 'Pin to Start'

3. Opened the start menu and it was there

This single tile is causing great trouble for me as I am unable to fully customise my start menu, especially as it is in the way of other tiles I wish to create.

cchip98, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Zenon3 Win User
    How to create custom tile in Windows 10 Home 32-bit?

Original Title: User created tile

Hi, How can I create custom tile in Windows 10 Home 32-bit?

(Like using OblyTiles in Windows 8.1)

Regards

Zenon3, Mar 3, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Create custom tiles

simrick, Mar 3, 2016
  5. mart44 Win User
    I've been quite impressed with a program called 'TileIconifier'. With this, it's possible enlarge the program's own embedded icon so that it fills the tile. It is also possible to use custom made images that will do the same. Works with medium and small tiles.

I found it doesn't work with all tiles. Not with Microsoft Office ones for instance. Others have been OK using the program's own embedded icons while others have been better using custom made images. This is dependent on the icons supplied with programs. TileIconifier is quite a good program and I thought it worth a mention. It is still being actively developed by the look of it. Below is a screenshot of some 'Iconified' tiles.

Create custom tiles [​IMG]

Jonno12345/TileIconifier

Edit: A better screenshot

mart44, Mar 22, 2016
  6. PDCanham Win User
    It's very good doesn't have the third party start up app either

PDCanham, Mar 26, 2016
  7. mart44 Win User
    Yes, that's true, it doesn't need any other app to work. The program has improved since I started using it. It lists the Start Screen tiles but can miss some of them. There wasn't a way that I could find to make the program include them. The latest version has overcome that by giving a way to browse to a program and use its icon ..or an image.

mart44, Mar 26, 2016
  8. PDCanham Win User

Create custom tiles

I like it it's the only one i use now Have gotten some nice arrangements on my start menu...

PDCanham, Mar 26, 2016
  9. mykou Win User
    my actual startscreen

Create custom tiles [​IMG]

mykou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Create custom tiles

1. Create custom tiles - Similar Threads - Create custom tiles

2. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  3. Custom UWP app Tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom UWP app Tiles?: Hey all, I recently got super interested in having a customized Start menu with consistent icons, and found an app on the Microsoft Store (EdgeTile Creators), that allows you to create custom icons for .exe's on your computer. That said, there's no way to do this with UWP...
  4. Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles

Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles: Hello Team, I'm having long standing question on customizing Windows tiles that appear on Start menu as tiles occupies entire window, I'm finding for an answer on online which some how related, but I haven't got the answers exactly as how I expect. I'm glad that I ended up...
  5. Creating Custom Tiles?

Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  6. Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu: Hi, I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free. Better StartMenu Here's Windows Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1XTDX Here's a screenshot of what you can do...
  7. Custom Tiles yet?

Custom Tiles yet?: Greetings! Does anyone know of a way to customize the Tiles of Windows 10 like how it's currently possible when using OblyTile in Windows 8.1? While I'm really liking the concept of Tiles I, in general, do not like how they look like as everything end up a huge mess of...
  8. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...
  9. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  10. Start menu tile customization

Start menu tile customization: Hi Guys, Okay so I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 the Start Menu had categories like "Life at a glance" and so on. However, I removed all of the tiles because at that time I felt like I didn't need them. Now, I would...