Windows 10: Create desktop icon for Mail

Discus and support Create desktop icon for Mail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fixer, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Fixer Win User

Create desktop icon for Mail

Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message but that isn't what she wants, she just wants the Mail interface to open, as it does from Start or from taskbar.

:)

Fixer, Sep 10, 2018

2. How to create an icon for Yahoo mail on desktop in Windows 10?

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you want to place a Yahoo mail icon on your PC’s desktop.

Before assisting further, when you say “icon for Yahoo mail”, do you mean to create shortcut of the mail application on desktop?

You can create desktop shortcuts for all the system applications and web pages on Windows 10.

To create a shortcut for Yahoo mail, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Right click on empty space of the desktop and hover the mouse pointer over at
      New from the context menu.
    • Select Shortcut and type https://mail.yahoo.com web address in the address bar.
    • Click on Next and Finish.
    • Check if the shortcut icon is created on the desktop.
    • Double click on the created shortcut icon and configure the browser in which you like to open the page in.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Create desktop icon for Mail

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Create desktop icon for Mail

1. Create desktop icon for Mail - Similar Threads - Create desktop icon

2. Can't create desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create desktop icons: I have an enterprise-managed laptop which had a disk crash, and IT installed a fresh enterprise image of Windows 10 . The laptop shows desktop icons when connected to the enterprise network. I want to be able to have full use this laptop when not connected to the work...
  3. Can't create desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create desktop icons: I have an enterprise-managed laptop which had a disk crash, and IT installed a fresh enterprise image of Windows 10 . The laptop shows desktop icons when connected to the enterprise network. I want to be able to have full use this laptop when not connected to the work...
  4. Can't create desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?: When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10. I now have a new system and NEED them back. I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search...
  6. Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?: I have installed Google Drive, and can access my uploaded files from a Speed Dial icon within Opera Browser. This works fine! But there is no desktop or system tray icon, and without uninstalling and re-installing Google Drive there is no way to fix this, and uninstalling...
  7. Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a desktop icon for Google Drive?: I have installed Google Drive, and can access my uploaded files from a Speed Dial icon within Opera Browser. This works fine! But there is no desktop or system tray icon, and without uninstalling and re-installing Google Drive there is no way to fix this, and uninstalling...
  8. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  9. Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?

Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?: O.k.....Since switching to the Edge browser, I find that I cannot ''drag and drop'' anything from the favourites bar to the desktop, to create quick link icons.....at the moment I keep going back to Chrome, which allows you to do this....there must be a way surely, in Edge to...
  10. Don't create desktop display icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't create desktop display icon: Hi, Desktop Icon My desktop display gets cluttered with .txt file icons. Is there a way to put a .txt file in the desktop folder and not create a monitor display icon for it? It would be accessible from File Explorer via the desktop folder. Thanks 48095