Windows 10: CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE

Discus and support CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WHO AN WHY WAS THIS CHANGE MAID IN IE-11 WHEN ON A WEBSITE NEED TO MAKE SHORTCUT RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT CREATE SHORTCUT REAL EASY AND SIMPLE TO DO.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RONSANDERSONtw, Aug 2, 2020.

1. CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE

WHO AN WHY WAS THIS CHANGE MAID

IN IE-11 WHEN ON A WEBSITE NEED TO MAKE SHORTCUT
    RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT CREATE SHORTCUT
    REAL EASY AND SIMPLE TO DO.

NOW IN EDGE SAME THING RIGHT CLICK NOT THEIR
    HIGHT LIGHT SITE LOCATION MINIMIZE SCREEN
    RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP SELECT CREATE SHORTCUT
    PATCH LOCATION IN THEN GIVE IT A NAME
    THEN FULL SCREEN TO GET WHERE YOU WERE.

WOW THAT WAS ALOT EASIER THAN IT WAS IN IE-11

WHO THOUGH OF THIS CHANGE ?

HOW DO I GET IE-11 RIGHT CLICK MENU IN EDGE

:)

RONSANDERSONtw, Aug 2, 2020

2. Adding shortcut to desktop from web page

Hi,

Please let us know, which browser are you using to do so?

Follow the steps below to create shortcuts of websites on the Desktop:

• When you are viewing a website, right click on the web page and select the Create Shortcut option. The shortcut will be placed on the Desktop.
    • You can also right click the Desktop and select New/Shortcut. In the Location Box, paste the URL to the website.
    • Click Next and Name the shortcut and Click Finish.
    • You can also drag the Icon at the left end of the Address Bar and drop it on the Desktop, when viewing a website to create a shortcut.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 2, 2020
  4. CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE

How to save a web site as a shortcut on my Desktop with Windows 10

Hi Darlene,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Select the link which you want to create as shortcut.
    • Right click” on the desktop screen.
    • Select the option “New”.
    • Click on “shortcut”.
    • Paste the link in the “search bar”.
    • Click on “Next”.
    • Enter the name” for the shortcut.
    • Click on the “finish”.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE

1. CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE - Similar Threads - CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. How can I put a web site shortcut on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I put a web site shortcut on my desktop?: How can I put a web site shortcut on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-put-a-web-site-shortcut-on-my-desktop/e04c1f02-ea09-4a78-a440-3f9b873462bc
  4. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  5. Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...: I’m afraid I’ve never been much of windows user so forgive me if this is something super easy to do, but I haven’t been able to figure it out in the past hour so I‘m hopeful someone here can help. I want to do the following: Some of the website we use for work have a...
  6. Desktop shortcuts to web sites no longer work.

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts to web sites no longer work.: I have several of these shortcuts created in the Google browser, one to Ten forums, a couple to my email accounts, etc. A couple of days ago they stopped working. They just open the browser, so I have to type in the required url in the search bar. Having done that I can...
  7. Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?: Hello, I have opened up a simple web page that I would like to save a Shortcut (or other Link to) so I can get to it very easily directly from my Desktop. The little icon to the left of the address seems to be a "lock", and I can't drag it anywhere. See: CubicSDR - The...
  8. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  9. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  10. Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop: Hi all! I would like to add some web Shortcuts to my desktop and then change the icon so it shows a graphic for what the item is. I know how to add a web site short to the desktop, but the icon is just generic. For example, say I want to add an web shortcut for Taco Bell...