Windows 10: Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

Discus and support Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't seem able to drag and drop app icons and shortcuts on windows 11 desktop.Am I missing something?Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ozoro99, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Ozoro99 Win User

Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

I don't seem able to drag and drop app icons and shortcuts on windows 11 desktop.Am I missing something?Thank you

:)

Ozoro99, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

1. Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11 - Similar Threads - Create desktop shortcuts

2. Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11: I have done many things to try to create desktop shortcuts, and none of them work. When I drag and drop from the Windows app tray, it has the little loading icon for a split second before not working. The same thing happens with the Open file location --Right click--Show More...
  3. Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11: I have done many things to try to create desktop shortcuts, and none of them work. When I drag and drop from the Windows app tray, it has the little loading icon for a split second before not working. The same thing happens with the Open file location --Right click--Show More...
  4. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  5. Windows 11 - Creating desktop shortcut became annoying!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Creating desktop shortcut became annoying!!: I have been using Windows 11 for quite some days. And found difficulty in setting the desktop shortcut for apps. In previous Windows versions, we can simply create desktop shortcuts by right-clicking the app and selecting "Send to --> Desktopcreate shortcut". Now it takes 2...
  6. Windows 11 - Creating desktop shortcut became annoying!!

Windows 11 - Creating desktop shortcut became annoying!!: I have been using Windows 11 for quite some days. And found difficulty in setting the desktop shortcut for apps. In previous Windows versions, we can simply create desktop shortcuts by right-clicking the app and selecting "Send to --> Desktopcreate shortcut". Now it takes 2...
  7. Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11: I don't seem able to drag and drop app icons and shortcuts on windows 11 desktop.Am I missing something?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-desktop-shortcuts-in-windows-11/72ddd1da-1c1b-4067-87bc-b3cfda092d5c
  8. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  9. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  10. Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Create shortcut to windows update on desktop: Can't seem to find a way to do this. Anybody know? 5373