Windows 10: Create Disk Image File

Discus and support Create Disk Image File in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a broken-ish HDD and need to get the image of the system from it. The problem is that it has a tendency to disconnect and reset the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PokeManiac_Pl, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Create Disk Image File

I have a broken-ish HDD and need to get the image of the system from it. The problem is that it has a tendency to disconnect and reset the image creation process. Are there any partitions I can omit to speed it up and have just the bare minimum? (This windows had custom MSI apps installed by default which I want to keep, and I'm not sure if I will have them if I just install a fresh windows on my new SSD)

The partitions are:

1 - SYSTEM (None) FAT32 (LBA) Primary (26.6MB/300.0MB) 2 - (None) Unformatted Primary (128MB/128MB) 3 - Windows (FCreate Disk Image File :) NTFS Primary (491.81GB/558.91GB) 4 - WinRE tools (None) NTFS Primary (58.16GB/351.28GB) 5 - Data (HCreate Disk Image File :) NTFS Primary (58.16GB/351.28GB) 6 - BIOS_RVY (None) NTFS Primary (18.97GB/20.03GB)

The only partition I know isn't important is Data since I have everything from there backed up and all it contains are some personal files, but I have no idea about the others.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/PokeManiac_Pl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PokeManiac_Pl, Dec 8, 2020

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Create Disk Image File :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Create Disk Image File :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 8, 2020
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Create Disk Image File

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Create Disk Image File

1. Create Disk Image File - Similar Threads - Create Disk Image

2. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  3. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  4. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to create disk image backup to Dropbox - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create disk image backup to Dropbox - Windows 10: I want to use Dropbox as my backup location for the disk image of my computer. When I launch Control Panel>Backup and Restore, the only options for backup locations is external hard drives connected to the computer. If I click Save on a Network>Browse, there are no...
  6. Creating system image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating system image file: Hello, I have been having a problem creating an image file. I do so on its own and don't include a backup of my files. I have a screen image of the error I received which I hope will help someone. I am no expert and need guidance please to rectify. I will copy/paste the...
  7. Create / restore disk image in windows7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create / restore disk image in windows7: I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where...
  8. Help, how to create factory image disk?

Help, how to create factory image disk?: First of all, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. My device is a ASUS K55vd notebook. When I was running on windows 7 I successfully created a factory image disk via ASUS ai recovery application (a five bootable disk). Then I decided to upgrade my hdd to ssd. My idea is...
  9. Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?

Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?: I created ISO disks for both my 32 bit and 64 bit systems at the MS download site. If I use the ISO disk instead of the Windows Update method, does the install still create the W7 image in case I want to go back to W7 after installing W10? Also, do I boot from the disk or...
  10. creating an image

creating an image: guys, am lost. Havent imaged in a few years and need to start imaging this wednesday eight workgroup computers for a non-profit organization. I created a w10 reference pc in vmware workstation but there i am stuck. Seems syspre and dism dont work anymore in w10? Hope someone...