Windows 10: Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Discus and support Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty. Been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimTobler, Feb 17, 2019.

1. JimTobler Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty.

Been trying for days to find out how to do it.

***Title Modified Original: not a question***

:)

JimTobler, Feb 17, 2019
  2. captianjc Win User

Desktop ethernet shortcut

I have created a shortcut on my desktop after installing windows 10 Pro.

The shortcut is for the ethernet. When I right click it you are able to disable the connection but when you right click to enable it the option is not there it still shows disable and the connection is already disable

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

captianjc, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 17, 2019
  4. George_F Win User

Ethernet shortcut context-menu does not work

This is a very old bug that lives on Windows 10 Creators Update, too. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the Network Connections window

2. Locate an Ethernet network adapter, right-click it and Create Shortcut to the desktop.

3. Try to right-click the desktop shortcut, to both disable AND re-enable the connection. It does not work.

There's a very old post about the exact same problem, just thought I'd renew it for Windows 10.

Ethernet shortcut on desktop

George_F, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop. - Similar Threads - Create Ethernet adapter

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a desktop shortcut in Edge: How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-in-edge/1917c980-a411-4213-96f0-e2d1eef6da9c
  4. how to create shortcut on desktop

how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  5. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

Send to - Desktop (create shortcut): Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and...
  6. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  7. Desktop ethernet shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop ethernet shortcut: I have created a shortcut on my desktop after installing windows 10 Pro. The shortcut is for the ethernet. When I right click it you are able to disable the connection but when you right click to enable it the option is not there it still shows disable and the connection is...
  8. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  9. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  10. Trouble creating a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble creating a desktop shortcut: The program WinsSCP comes with 2 executables: WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com. I am trying to create desktop shortcuts for each. I had no trouble creating one for the .exe file but Windows won't create for the .com file. If I go to its folder, click and drag it to the desktop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shortcut for ethernet adapter