Windows 10: Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands

Discus and support Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Came across this hidden Windows gem I have never seen about converting bat to exe files. I know there are 3rd party apps but was unaware you could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cereberus, Feb 5, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands

cereberus, Feb 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

.bin files opening up in notepad

Hi TimeLordXD, sorry I have been offline for a while,

Basically the way his works is:

Create a dummy bat or exe file

Then whatever file type you are trying to reset the file association to, you tell it to open with the dummy exe or bat file

Then delete the dummy file restart and the file association is broken . . .

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Files

Hi Lydia,

Open Windows file explorer

On the View Ribbon, check the box marked 'File Name Extensions

Close Windows File Explorer

On your Desktop, create a dummy file with a .bat or .exe file extension

(Basically, right click your Desktop, choose New - Notepad file and change the file extension from .txt to .exe or .bat)

Right click any zip file, choose open with - Choose another App

Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open zip files' - IMPORTANT!

Scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again scroll to the bottom and choose 'Find another app on this PC'

Navigate to the dummy file on your Desktop

The zip file will not open

Delete the dummy file on your Desktop and restart your PC

The file association will then be broken!

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2018
  4. Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands

Yes i have once used IExpress, a component of Windows 2000 and later, is used to create self-extracting packages from a set of files. Such packages can be used to install software.

FreeBooter, Feb 7, 2018
Thema:

Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands

1. Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands - Similar Threads - Create exe files

2. how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?: How to Block entire .exe files of a specified folder in e.g. "C:\ProgramData\" or "C:\Program Files\" Windows Firewall using .bat?I want to run it from pen drive for specified folder in "C:\ProgramData\" or in "C:\Program Files\"Seems like this is exist but it need to be...
  3. how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?: How to Block entire .exe files of a specified folder in e.g. "C:\ProgramData\" or "C:\Program Files\" Windows Firewall using .bat?I want to run it from pen drive for specified folder in "C:\ProgramData\" or in "C:\Program Files\"Seems like this is exist but it need to be...
  4. how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Create .exe file at editor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create .exe file at editor?: Hello, dear people, i may make an exe file at editor in windows 10 but i don't know the code, can you help me? Love regards Jamie .exe datei bei editor erstellen?
  6. Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016

Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016: I can not run .exe file from a .bat file, .bat file is dynamically create file which contains path to the .exe file. I can see the log of .bat file it prints echo statements but when It comes to execute .exe file it just skip. when I run .exe file manually it runs perfectly....
  7. Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file.: So, I have a task that I run that restarts a program every time I log on, switch to a user, etc. I notice that it leaves the icon from the previous instance of the program in the Taskbar Notification area. When I click on the arrow, and mouse over the icon, it quickly...
  8. How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?

How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?: hard to describe what im looking for i'll do my best to explain in details. example, an image software I use photo.exe when installed it automatically set up shell in registry for windows context menu for files type .bmp/.jpg etc etc. when viewed in registry/shell it show...
  9. Bat or Exe file to restart Computer Browser Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat or Exe file to restart Computer Browser Service: About 1 out of every 6 times I turn my laptop on I have to restart the computer browser service to be able to connect to networks. Is there a bat or exe file I can create that I can just click on and run to restart the service instead of having to go into the...
  10. Not able to launch certain .exe files with created .bat shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to launch certain .exe files with created .bat shortcuts: Hello, To be able to use custom tiles on the Start Menu, I make .bat files of .exe files to use them as shortcuts to launch the .exe files. I make the .bat file by opening Notepad, pasting the directory path of the .exe file in quotes, and then save it as a .bat file. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. debugging iexpress app