Windows 10: Create folder for filing

Discus and support Create folder for filing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am new to HP Powerful x 360 . Want to learn how to create folder for filing in window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nari Shahani, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Create folder for filing

Hi I am new to HP Powerful x 360 . Want to learn how to create folder for filing in window 10

:)

Nari Shahani, Jan 13, 2019
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jan 13, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Create folder for filing

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Create folder for filing

1. Create folder for filing - Similar Threads - Create folder filing

2. Missing Files in Created File Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Files in Created File Folders: On my Windows 11 PC I have created a number of file folders such as taxes, landscaping, renovation, etc where I save documents that I have created or received over time. I must have over 50 such file folders and until recently they have each been populated with a butt load of...
  3. Missing Files in Created File Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Files in Created File Folders: On my Windows 11 PC I have created a number of file folders such as taxes, landscaping, renovation, etc where I save documents that I have created or received over time. I must have over 50 such file folders and until recently they have each been populated with a butt load of...
  4. File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.: I created a word doc which I subsequently saved as a PDF file. This PDF file was NOT saved in the folder in which I created it, but it was saved on OneDrive. I do NOT want this to happen i.e., I want all my files to be saved in the folders in which they are created. I have a...
  5. File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File was not saved in the folder in which it was created.: I created a word doc which I subsequently saved as a PDF file. This PDF file was NOT saved in the folder in which I created it, but it was saved on OneDrive. I do NOT want this to happen i.e., I want all my files to be saved in the folders in which they are created. I have a...
  6. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  7. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  8. Creating new files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  9. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  10. "cannot create file" in programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    "cannot create file" in programs folder: I'm new to Windows 10 and I'm installing some of my software. I came across this error today running Audio Identifier: The Application encountered an error! (cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio Identifier\settings.xml". Access is denied. I'm guessing it...